SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kclost

Annoying Rot on Ghost Peppers

kclost
10 years ago

Hello forum,

This looks like a great place to learn... I'm a new Ghost Chilli grower but not new to growing hot peppers, and I have run into a new problem I can't seem to solve. You can see some of my Ghost peppers with the symptoms at various stages of worsening. The problem always appears on the lower third of the plant only on one side and not on the tip (probably not BER). My Nursery guy says it's from a stink bug and recommended some friendly insecticide that I have tried with no success. The plants/foliage looks great but I would say I have this problem on 80% of the fruit and I have a lot of fruit on the plants, very frustrating. The peppers that are unaffected are beautiful and mature evenly. You can see that these tend to ripen up top first and may still be green at the bottom, even before you see any rot. There are several peppers still on the vines that look just like the one on the far right "without" any rot at all for now, but still green on the bottom. Makes me think it could be a progressing desease. Btw, no symptoms of any kind on my Carribean Reds in the same bed.

Any help would be appreciated, even if it is too late.. Happy growing..

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County