SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reyna1_gw

Question Regarding Crosses (Pepper Crosses That Is) !

reyna1
16 years ago

Recently my brother gave me alot of peppers that he said he got from his father in law out in west texas. He told me that his father in law was growing chiltepins and tabascos side by side. The peppers look interesting. Interesting enough that I'd love to grow them and see if they grow true.

He actually grew the peppers that his father in law gave him and they grew similar to the pepper that his father in law gave him.

It looks like a fat tabasco pepper w/ a little dimple on the end, i'll see if i can get a scan of a pepper on my scanner, hopefully it will do the pepper justice

so now on to my question:

do you think this pepper would grow true if i just planted seeds (note: its a 2nd generation pepper, meaning the original crossed pepper that actually had the physical trait was seeded, and those seeds produced a pepper much like its parent, and i have those seeds)

i hope so, as it would be a neat lil pepper

as far as heat, its not as hot as a chiltepin

when i make salsa for myself for eating during breakfast or w/ something, i put in about 4 peppers, 1 clove of garlic, 1 roma tomato and crush all in a lava mortar/pestle and it is sooo good.

any thoughts / comments appreciated, links with pics to come shortly.

Danny

Comments (5)

Sponsored