SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

To all our California members, I wish you all the best tonight!!

Andrew Scott
11 years ago

I just got done spending some time on the Face Book plumeria groups that I am active on. I saw many people posting about freeze warnings tonight so I wanted to come over here and wish you all the best. Bill, George(aka Simi), James...there are many more that I am not remembering but I wish you ALL the very best of luck.

I read that(depending on what area you live in) temps are ranging from 30-39 degrees! OUCH!! David Konishi who is a member over there has some of the most beautiful plumeria beds I have ever seen. He was saying that California had a freeze like this before it reduced many of his plumeria to just stumps! I have to say, looking at his pictures this summer and thinking of all those awesome HUGE trees being killed to the stump, was very sad. He has posted that if temps are at a freezing point, all it takes is a couple hours to kill a tree. I couldn't imagine how devastating and frustrating it would be to see this happen to your own collection. Especially if you have been collecting for many, MANY years.

Please let us all know how you guys make out, and know that were all here keeping our fingers crossed for our California friends!

Take care guys,
Andrew

Comments (12)