SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
counselor4444

HELP! Black bugs and now a white fungus?

counselor4444
16 years ago

ok, so I posted last weeked about buying a plumeria clipping on my honeymoon and bringing it back and planting it and now it is 8 mos later and it is extremely important to me to keep this thing alive. Since April when we brought it back from hawaii, it has grown to almost 2 feet tall and has 10 large green leaves. Now that it is winter in the northeast, I've brought it inside and it sits inside near a large window. i water it only when it gets really dry.

so, last weekend I posted on this forum that i noticed dozens of teeny tiny black/dark brown bugs crawling on its leaves. some seem to suspend from a weblike string. I'd take a picture but they are so small my camera won't focus on them. someone suggested that i buy something called "garden safe" so I am going out to buy that today. hopefully home depot has it.

Now today i went to look (the bugs returned after i doused the plant with water really well last weekend to get rid of them) and i noticed a white fungus/mold on the bark. i've uploaded a picture below.

i can't stress how important it is to me to keep this plant alive. can someone please help me? is this related to the bugs (mites?) or is this b/c i'm watering it too much? what do I do?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)