SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
digit_gw

How much do you CRAVE the sun?

digit
17 years ago

I'm sitting here at my south window wondering where all the clouds came from - there isn't a rainstorm in sight on the radar. The folks in western Colorado have just gone thru a very difficult week with a major storm. But, I wonder if some of you folks realize how lucky you are to have so much sun during so much of the year.

I just looked at a chart that shows sun hours per day and that's compiled by a solar energy power company. You can see the pdf file at the link below.

There's 101 US cities listed (if I counted right) and altho' northern Idaho cities are not on the list (Denver isn't either??), Spokane is there. I know full well that Spokane has more sunshine than probably anywhere in the 5 northern counties of Idaho and yet it is dead LAST on the US list for Winter average sun hours per day!!

Spokane makes up the difference with most other cities by Summer sun hours and squeezes ahead of La Jolla, California and even Brownsville, Texas. But, that lack of sun during the Winter months . . . shucks, there are only cities in the Yukon and North West Territories that have less Winter sunlight . . . if it wasn't nearly May, I'd be SAD . . .

DigitS'

Here is a link that might be useful: Solar Basics

Comments (11)