SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shonda_gw

Newbie with tons of questions

shonda
19 years ago

Well I'm not completely new to miniatures. I got one in November and when I got it there were four plants in one small 4" pot. I never seen a bloom. They'd begin to bloom and wouldn't open. Of the four in my pot only one survived the winter indoors and I've just planted it in a larger pot. It has a new bloom about to open...I may actually get to see what colour it is. Anyway, my daughter just bought me another miniature for mother's day. It's a supermarket mini and so I don't know what kind it is. It has red and yellow blooms. Anyway, there are four plants in a 6" pot. I want to plant them outdoors but I want to put them in planters for at least this year. I'm in zone 5a and there is still risk of frost here for a while. What size planters should I use? How many of the four plants should I put in each planter? What kind of soil should I use? When do I put them in the planters (there are several buds about to open right now)? How often should I fertilize them and what kind of fertilizer should I use? I'm so new to this. I know absolutely nothing. Please help!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm