SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Suggestions for new plumeria additions to my collection?

Andrew Scott
13 years ago

This year I dove in head first into my plumeria addiction. I started with a Nebel's Gold and a Dwarf Singapore pink. I then recieved 4 cuttingsfrom Mimi who is from the Aloha Plumeria group. From her, I got 2 pudicas, 1 Intense Rainbow, and a Celadine. All rooted except for one stubborn pudica. I probobly could have waited and got roots but I was impatient. I also got an Aztec Gold and a Kona hybrid. I had blooms on Celadine(awesome fragrance.) and Dwarf Singapore. The singapore had a nice fragrance and TONS of flowers. The I.R. had one bud that would have opened but I accidently broke it off and the rest of the buds didn't have time to open before cold weather settled in.

I was VERY happy to have the cuttings root at all. I tried the baggy method with no results but once I switched to the raw egg method, I had roots, and in some cases in 3 weeks! This was also the first time I had any flowers so all in all, a fantastic plumeria season!

Well, needless to say, I am beyond HOOKED on the plumeria and I am all ready browsing websites and Ebay for new plumeria to add to my collection. SO far, I know that 'Divine' from Jungle Jack's will be the first one I add.

I am open to suggestions for the rest. I will buy as many as I can. I have not had trouble so far with storing them during the winter, so I am not at all concerned with that. I just would like some experiences that you all have had with your favorites.

Thanks for the help.

Andrew

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022