SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bubbledragon

I think I goofed

bubbledragon
19 years ago

I ordered some roses from Tiny Petals this week, but it's definately too early for me to do so. I forgot to tell them to hold them.

I picked out Winter Magic, Cinderella, and Quiet Time. They had good prices, and I noticed someone on here had liked them.

In any case, it's getting warmer and sunnier here, but I still don't think I should put them outside yet. (Although, the lows seem to all be getting into the 20's - I could bring 'em inside at night?) What can I do to prepare? Should I pot them up? What will they look like when they come? Anyone from PA (I know there are several) help me out? I may also contact a local rosarian, though they're mostly in the city, I've noticed.

I've read that terra cotta is bad - but I like the look of it. I saw somewhere that you can 'seal' the inside with roofing tar, to keep the water in - would this be acceptable, or should I just get black plastic pots, to keep the heat in?

I've also decided to go with a fungicide and fertilizer, instead of organic methods - at least until I'm more familiar and comfortable with all of this. I don't really want my first experiences to be terrible. Mnerf.

Thanks everyone, I've been simply pouring over the back posts in the fora. You are all wonderful.

~bubbles

Here is a link that might be useful: Weather outlook for the rest of the month in my town

Comments (6)

Sponsored