SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Rotten old Hawaii cutting!

Well folks, I have to admit defeat, my entry in the on-line Hawaii Cutting Competition has failed miserably having 'got the rot' so to speak.

It must have started with the tip going all black and gooey like I reported earlier, I thought I had got rid of it, but alas I hadn't. I had tried the pin test and got latex all along the length of it. This happened very quickly, it wasn't sticky like before, it looked dry and 'corky' but over the course of the last 2 days, (we were away at a rellies wedding over the weekend so I didnt spot it till Monday after work)a brown patch spread down 2/3 of the cuttings length. Out came the scalpel, only to reveal a brown mush inside which had tracked down each section as I cut into the stem. All that remains is around 3 inches or so...quite similar in size and stature to that other mini contender, dear ole 'Stubby Frog Eyed E.T.' I imagine, eh John?! wether this cut down cutting will survive remains to be seen, but I look as though I am out of the running now guys!

Anyway, good luck to the other competitors!

A saddened Greenclaws. : ¬ (

{{gwi:1219939}}

Comments (13)