SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kare4plumies

Would like advice/opinion on 2 subjects

kare4plumies
16 years ago

I've been searching the forum to see if either of these subjects have been covered to no avail, so please forgive me if it's already been covered.

I recently received cuttings that were extremely jagged & choppy (the cut end). As if they were broken off instead of cut. All of the other cuttings I've planted over the years have been cleanly cut when I receive them. As some of these cuttings are on the small side, I was wondering if I should re cut them or does anyone know if it matters?

Also, unfortunately I managed to rot most of the seeds I had from my first seed pod this year, but I was able to salvage & germinate four seedlings that are now about 3" high (I feel like a proud new mama even though I killed the others!) One of the seedlings has bifurcated leaves. The starter leaves and the first set of true leaves are shaped like hearts. The stem is a lot thicker than the others too. It just seems to be a weird (but neat) looking seedling. I was wondering if any of you have had a plant with bifurcated leaves and if it's an indication that it will be a strange looking plant, or if it will "outgrow" the leaves and look normal later?

Karen R (I noticed that there are a lot of Kar*ns on this board - must be a good sign!)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES