SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

It's that time of year again :(

Andrew Scott
9 years ago

Weather forecast for tonight is 44 degrees. YIKES! This spring....I mean summer, is almost over. I started trimming leaves on about 50 or so trees. Hopefully by Saturday, I will have them all finished so I ca start spraying with F.E.

I am only planning on keeping a very small amount of trees(maybe 12 or so, including my JJ. Orange which is still blooming, Divine, and one of my two Psycho trees which is just starting to bloom) so I can hopefully have less of an issue with Spider Mites.

Over all this by far was the absolute worst summer for me for blooms. I only had blooms on one or two trees out of 150+ trees!

The weather this summer was just too cold for my trees to perform. Some of my trees didn't even fully leaf out until a few weeks ago, and these I will keep growing over winter.

I can't complain too much though. I did get to enjoy blooms on Tube rose, and that was a first for me. The scent was so amazing. I know I will be growing these again next year! I also love knowing that I will also have plumeria blooming for a few months. Psycho won't bloom for me all winter, but I know it will bloom for a few months :)

Andrew

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus