SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valentinetbear

Baby Plant or Clone?

valentinetbear
17 years ago

I bought some snapdragons last spring that I absolutely love! Bought them at a plant sale, so I don't know their exact name, or if they are annuals or perennials, but I figure I'll be finding out shortly. On the other hand, I don't ever want to lose them and they're extremely easy to propagate -- just cut some, stick them in a vase to enjoy as cut flowers, and they take off for the ceiling and root within the five days the typical bouquet looks good for me. (Really cool, since every time I cut some, two stems develop where there used to be one!) So now, I have more of them growing in new containers, so I'm wondering...

Assuming these are annual snapdragons, are the propagations new plants, ready to live their one year life, or are they clones of the old plant, and already have spent their five months, so will die about the same time as the originals?

I can easily keep propagating these plants for the rest of my life, if they are new plants, but it would be silly to keep propagating the propagated, if it's equivalent to clones.

Below is a link to a photo of them, if it helps. They're on the third column, third to last photo. (I like purple. LOL)

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Garden Gems

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES