SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janet_ann_gw

Blue Star Creeper (Laurentia Fluviatilis, Isotoma)

janet_ann
17 years ago

Blue Star Creeper (Laurentia Fluviatilis, Isotoma) has been the ONLY plant (in 10+ years) that I've grown sucessfully between my stepping stones.

I probably needed the "invasive nature" of this plant in my situation.

Anyway, because I need to plant between a pretty big stretch of stepping stones, I welcome any suggestions on propagating it.

I presume it must be propagated from the plant itself because my search for seeds was a failure. (I seem to have bad luck with ANY seeds anyway.)

So two questions:

1. Must I take part of the root system (divide the plant) to propagate, or can I simply plant the "above surface" cuttings? (I hate to disturb their root systems because I finally got something to take hold, and also there is an abundance of "above surface" growth that could be trimmed before it dies off in the upcoming Winter.)

2. In any case, should I presume propagation works best in Spring, or could I take some cuttings NOW (before they die in the Winter), and then root (somehow) and overwinter them in my house/garage/porch for planting next Spring? I have some "ROOT JUICE" Cloning Gel, and some decent sunlight on my enclosed porch.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

Janet (Zone 6 -- New Jersey)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals