SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Looking for some help from CA plumeria growers.

Andrew Scott
11 years ago

A while back, I saw pictures of a plumeria that was called "Broomstick" plumeria. From what I remember, it's really not a named cultivar, but all I can say is it's gorgeous! The only problem is that just like Psycho, you cannot order it from a nursery, well, not any nursery that I have found.

Right now, I have quite a few cuttings that I am still trying to root. Here is my list of cuttings that I have recently purchased.

1. Slaughter Pink

2. Confetti/Barbados Showgirl

3. Psycho

4. JJ Tiger

5. JJ Noid(the flower is awesome. Pagoda shaped, flower color is a neon green/yellow.

6. Sanmirie

7. Noid that I got as a bonus cutting.

Most of these I have water rooting, and so far 3 have numbs on them after being in water for 2 weeks. Confetti, Sanmirie are both potted over raw egg right now.

I still have an Heirloom to grab up this year and that will be it. Fall is sadly upon us and we all know what that means. Plumerias will all be preparing themselves to go dormant. It will be time for me to stock up on FE and ferts for my citrus and other tropical fruit trees, along with all the other tropicals I have. Brugs will all have to be dug up, roots pruned, and prepared for there winter slumber.

With all this stuff going on, I really don't need to be adding another plumeria to my collection but I still am hoping to find Broom stick next year.

Andrew

Comments (34)