SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

September pics...Black Tiger!!!

Hello Everyone,

I have to say that i was tickled about seeing Jo post a followup to my post from last August (2010). What a joy it was to see all of the trees and how much they have grown since then.

Thank you Jo, for posting to that old thread and making me think back to last August.

Many things have changed since then, and of course they are for the better!!! : )

Larger trees.. more blooms than i have ever had before!

Many new friends here on this forum as well as from other forums too! : )

So excited to show you all some of the lastest pics form the yard and especially the Black Tiger blooms.

It is always worth waiting for and i love it!

I hope you all enjoy some of the other pics as well...

Jen,

You will see what i was talking about with the Guillots Sunset. The roots are coming from a split that just happened naturally. I will post a pic of the tree, then a close up of the roots at the split.

A few other pics as well..

Salmon Brug...Mango

dogs...LOL!!

Take care everyone!!!

Laura in VB

Black Tiger...

{{gwi:6297}}

Thai Super Round with three huge inflos...

Guillots Sunset with the roots growing out from the soil line split on the stem...

Close up of the roots...

Guillots Sunset blooms

Celadine

{{gwi:7815}}

Royal Hawaiian{{gwi:7809}}

Mango after i cut it back hard...almost by half...talking about being nervous...but it loved the pruning!!

Salmon Brug

{{gwi:105554}}

Backyard palms...

Dogs in the heat of the summer...lol my daughter had to by the wings for the weiner for Halloween..LOL!

Duke in front of a new Christmas Palm that i had...to pick up at the local box store...notice the "Fleur de leis" on the front of his chest...I thought that was awesome...what a mark!!!!

{{gwi:107809}}

This has been the best surprise this year...My Lani!!!

I absolutely love it...Should be on everyone's wish list...LOL!!!

{{gwi:7812}}

Thanks for looking...

Take care everyone...

Laura in VB

Comments (27)

• plumatherapy
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Laura,
    I think you should call your mother and thank her for raising you right. You display the best manners and such a kind and gracious personality. Your zest for mother nature is infectious. Keep it coming!!! Your plants and pets are lucky to have you. Black Tiger is stunning!

When you get the time would love a peek at your driftwood display.

Thanks
    Ellen

• jandey1
    12 years ago

Wow, Laura, all those plants look happy, happy, happy! Black Tiger's a stunning red, and the shape is so different from the photos I've seen of it--will it go more round as the flowers mature? From what I can tell all these hybrid plumerias are mutable in shape, color, size and fragrance depending on conditions.

How awesome that you're getting a second set of blooms coming! Has the Super Round bloomed for you before? I think it's also called J115 and Sangwan Tabtim, too.

Beautiful, huge brug! My big yellow bit the dust this summer, just too hot and dry, but I have two little ones that I managed to keep alive so I'll start over again. It may just be a bad place to try growing them with so little rain, though.

The Guillot's Sunset is very interesting. Looks like the trunk was sunburned, and may be badly damaged enough under the soil line to feel like it needed those roots higher up. I think I would add soil up the trunk just a little and let those roots grow down into it, to be safe. Otherwise the plant looks very healthy.

The mango is gorgeous, such pretty foliage! And Lani, WOW, no wonder you're so happy with it!

Jen

• Related Discussions

Early September

Q

Comments (2)
    "A watched pot never boils....", MissSherry. That's what my momma always used to say. But, it is hard not to just sit and stare at something that really is a marvel, isn't it? I have 3 QMs about the pupate. All those QMs and everything I said about them being easy? I woke up one morning and went to make my usual foray to find fresh, tender elm leaves. Went in to start cleaning containers and pulled out the one that had at least 18-20 QMs in it, and there were only 3 living!!!! What happened? I feed them fresh food daily, my neighbor doesn't spray chemicals, so I have no idea. What a loss! I have had more losses this year than ever before. I think predators, virus, bacteria, etc., has really been bad here in OKC. I rescued two more Monarch babies (I know, I know), but I did it anyway. I release my first GST yesterday. Yippee! They did fine. The 3 CS's are still munching and getting bigger. I have 10 Tersas, and 3 will pupate soon. I must get them into a container of potting soil tomorrow. My pipevine is just starting to grow back a little, so I hope it gets a reprieve from the onslaught of PVSs the rest of the season right now. Cassia obtusifolia? I must check that one out, altho I have plenty of sennas for them, and here they seem to really love the Xmas cassia and the S. hebecarpa. I'm losing my verbesina enceliodes. It grew to about 2.5' tall from a little plant that Linda gave me. It's been blooming like crazy, too. All of sudden, the leaves began to droop and I'm afraid it's got some kind of root rot. I'm hoping the flower heads will mature before it completely dies back, so I can have some seed for next year. I really love this plant - it is so beautiful! The silvery-grey foliage with the pure yellow blooms is stunning. Besides which, it's a host for the Bordered Patch. I need to start collecting seeds. Goodness - I'm going to have plenty of Tropical Milkweed this year. The plants are a good 3' tall and taller and just beautiful without any activity on them (sigh....). Do you know that I have had no munching on the pentas? That's how many predators are in my yard this year. They've managed to consume all the Tersa hatchlings, except for those I rescued. My plants are still full, flowering, and beautiful (in which case, I wish they weren't). Some kind of caterpillar is eating away on my solidago, too. It's a moth cat I'm sure, but I don't know what. It's just stripping the foliage in strings. Kind of odd, huh? Susan
    ...See More

Lions and Tigers and Bears oh No !!!! IKE

Q

Comments (41)
    Happy to see people checking in and okay. Hurricanes are so scary, especially with all of the flooding in your area. I was at a public golf course today, here in Louisville, to videotape a PGA golf clinic. Ike's winds came rushing through, and we stood there watching 100' trees falling over all around us. Needless to say, the clinic was canceled. Fortunately, everyone got out of there unscathed. I can only imagine what it was like in Houston. After hurricanes Francis and Jeane, all of my landscaping was wiped out, along with my fence. The windstorm insurance did not cover any of it. They only covered the "footprint" of the house... Not even the exterior paint! A special rider was required to cover anything else. Hopefully, that will not be the case for the good people of Texas. The most important thing, though, is personal safety. Gardens will recover... especially for people like us, who are sure to make it so! Bob
    ...See More

My Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Failed Attempt With a Surprise Endin

Q

Comments (3)
    I found a TST cat in 2013 because of frass under my tulip tree. Found a TST chrysalis on the side of my church during the winter a few years ago. This post was edited by kcclark on Thu, Dec 18, 14 at 23:01
    ...See More

Tiger Bulbs Question

Q

Comments (15)
    There is always a problem with common names, as different regions and areas of the country will commonly refer to different plants differently. So there are really no right or wrong common names, which is why it is always a good idea to use botancial names whenever possible just so we all know exactly to what plant one is referring!! Typically, the common name of "tiger lily" refers to a true lily, Lilium tigrinum/lancifolium (note that tigrinum is very similar to tiger for a good reason!!). Daylilies, Hemerocallis species, are not true liliies and the ones found along the side road growing wild are typically referred to as "ditch lilies". But non-gardeners mix them up all the time and so tiger and ditch lily can be applied to the same as well as completely different plants. Confusing, no??
    ...See More
  • tweetybaby2005 (KS 6b)
    12 years ago

Laura, beautifullllll flowers and love your dogs. LOL. I'm a huge animal lover too. I agree that Lani is excellent and if you have cuttings, I will shamelessly ask for them for postage. Not sure how your weather is but here in KS, we are cooling down (literally from this extreme summer heat that we have had this year) so most of my plants will not put out flowers any more, especially night time temp can be down to high 40s and low 50s. :(

Love your salmon pink brug. I purchased 2 rooted cuttings; a white and a yellow this summer. Hoping to see some flowers next year if the whiteflies don't kill them first! Your Guillots Sunset and Celadine are on my wish list as well. Their flowers are so beautiful and just look at them make me want to take a sniff.

Love the wings on your weiner dog and your boxer reminds me of my friend Kendra's boxer named Roxy.

No palm tree for me since I don't have room for all the plants I currently have "as is". :) May be after we move to the 5 acres....

Thank you for the "pick me up" pictures. They really make a typical mundane Monday more tolerable :)

Kuan

• isobea
    12 years ago

Hi Laura, Thank you so much for posting all those lovely pictures. You know, you have to keep them coming, because my plants sure aren't doing much this 'summer' (in fact I think our summer got cancelled - just like last year). Not one ray of sunshine today and the high is 72F. The only plants that are blooming in my yard are Samoan Fluff, Sparkle (but no red or orange in the flowers), California Sunset, and Kauka Wilder (amazing!). Psycho was blooming - cutting from last April - but the three days of heat we did get sunburned the poor thing, and the inflos had to come off.
    I really like your Black Tiger! I've been wanting a red for a while, so I bought a Polynesian Red at the San Diego sale two weeks ago. If we have more summers like this one, though, I might never get flowers on that plant.
    Take care everyone,
    Iso

PS: Got my flights to Germany, Laura, for my mom's 90th B-day in December!

• john_luvs_frangipani
    12 years ago

Laura...Your yard, plants and pets are all very nice! Thanks for sharing it all with us here. You have some beautiful plumeria for sure, and that brug is outrageous! I haven't had a lot if success with those. Whatever your doing your doing it right!

John

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    12 years ago

I was just cruising through, but wanted to stop long enough to say thanks, Laura - for endeavoring to share the fruits ('blooms' would be more appropriate) of your many successes so we can all enjoy. Stunning - you have 'the touch'. And I agree with Ellen - GW is a better place for any/all as inclined to share as you.

Al

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Ellen.

You are so kind to say such nice things...I dont know what to say except, Thank you... : )

I will do as you say and call my mother, since i am still lucky to have her around. She would be very pleased to hear your comments, so i will relate your wonderful message to her.

Family, friends and the love of our plants and trees show that everyone here on this forum feels the same way as I do. The gratification that i feel when i see a bloom on a tree that i have been so patiently waiting to show "her true beauty" means more than anything. I do love nature and all that comes with it. Including the way one relates with the interaction and the way we can see the beauty before it shows when we look at trees and watch the transformation of an ongoing project. : )

The Black Tiger is a real beauty. This is the second year it has bloomed for me and i am thrilled! It even has a second inflo starting on the other stem. So i am really looking forward to seeing more blooms!!!!

I will post a pic of the arrangement that i made...Thank you for the inspiration for this beauty of a centerpiece!!!!

Jen,

Thanks for the comments!! The Black Tiger is really special to me. The blooms still look the same as last year. I can see that these petals have a different more pointed shape then some. I think your are right about the different climates and growing conditions. You can see the difference in alot of blooms in the color variance with the hotter climates. We have been receiving lots of rain here along with very humid conditions and i think the Plumies love these conditions. I noticed that my Taj Mahal is pushing an inflo as well as my Penang Peach!!
    I never thought that the PP would bloom for me this summer, but i as wrong. Thrilled actually about the PP!
    You mentioned those different names for the Super round. Good to know!!! : )

The Salmon Brug has done well this year. It can be very finicky and sometimes does best when i ignore it and concentrate on other trees.. LOL!!! This is the largest bloom that i have had on this Brug.

The Mango (Glenn) needed to be pruned. Andrew twisted my arm to cut it back and it has really taken to this pruning!! Thanks ANdrew!!!

The Lani is quite stunning... im very impressed with this beauty!

Hope all is well with you down in TX. Have you received any rain lately? I know you all really need it and i hope you get some relief soon.

Tweetybaby, (Kuan)

Thank you as well... My Lani is not ready for trimming quite yet. But i may have some others that you might enjoy come spring. E mail me and we can chat!

I do love my dogs. Those pictured are my daughters dogs here for a visit. My only dog is a 13 year old Wiener!! He is liking the quiet house again after the kids go home and back to college!! : )

Im so glad that you can get a "pick me up" from the palmtrees!!! That is my other love... I have a few!!
    : ) It really makes my day when i can come home from a long day at work and enjoy all of the joys that i have in my yard. Makes one happy in the "Heart..."

Thank you Kuan...send me an email... : )

Hi Iso,

Im sorry to hear that your sunshine has not been so kind to your area ... is it like the "June gloom" still hanging around? I bet your Kauka Wilder is a beauty!!! Also the California Sunset as well.... Psycho is a winner. Love that tree!!!

Wish i could have been out with you in San Diego at the sale!!! we could have had a great time...especially with all of the Plumie lovers here!!!

Im so glad you have your flight to Germany to see your mom!!! WOW!! 90 years old..How special..i am going to take my mom to Boston soon for her 60th year high school reunion. She is so excited to go and im happy to take here there.

Have a great time and be safe!

John,

The brug is a challange..LOL i dont know why? I gave a cutting to a friend up in Northern Va. He says that his is not doing well either. I think they can be difficult if they want. When i ignore them they do well...go figure!!!

Thank you for the nice compliments. You have some beauties yourself!!! Nice to see you posting again!!!

Take care everyone...

Laura in VB

Here is the arrangement that i made after Ellen gave us the desire to create!!!

Thank you Ellen... I did pick up my wood at the local petstore in the reptile dept. : )

{{gwi:10910}}

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey AL!!!

Thanks for the nice comments....Nice to see you over on the Plumie side!!!

Hope all is well with you !!!

I didnt see your comments when i posted earlier, so i wanted to say thanks for all that you have taught me as well!

Take care,

Laura in VB

• Andrew Scott
    12 years ago

Hi Laura,
    Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your post. Your plumerias are gorgeous as always. My Back tiger is growing nicely. It is the best looking dark red I have right now.

I am really proud of you for FINALLY pruning your mango tree. You will be thanking me by next summer. Maybe you will have your first fruits!

Take care,
    Andrew

• jandey1
    12 years ago

Okay, Laura and Ellen, now I really do have to drag myself over to my nearest pet store for some wood! The arrangement looks great. Not that I have enough blooms for any such large displays but I can hope. J105's tip is putting out a few of those leaves that won't ever really develop into leaves, if you know what I mean, so maybe it's the start of a late inflo?

Laura, we got no rain here though some big storms blew through and threatened us with thunder and some car-dirtying mist. DH went to Dallas that day and said he drove into the thickest "wall of rain" he's ever seen up there, though, so I'm happy that someone got a good soaking. Glad to hear you've hit a pocket of ideal plumie weather, too!

• pcput
    12 years ago

Laura, Everything is looking sooooooooooo good. Too bad it will be time to put them to bed soon. I still hoping I can get my plastic pink blooms before then. See you soon. I feel so blessed to live so close to enjoy your blooms. Peg

• labland
    12 years ago

Laura,

Haven't emailed you lately. Your blossoms are beautiful. I am glad your son inn law is home from the Middle East, and SAFE! I take it your daughter is doing well? You recovered from the hurricane, I am glad to hear, I was hoping to see pictures of all your plumeria stored in the house for the storm! Hah!

I am glad your summer is going well despite little "glitches". Jennifer

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Thanks Andrew for the strong arm to prune the Mango!!!

It really is showing off now that i cut it back hard...

Hopefully, I will see some fruit next year!!

Jo, I haven't forgotten about looking for the info on the Trees.. I have been on the road for work, and it has been so busy. I will get to it soon!

Jen (TX),

You really need to get to the Pet store and look for the wood. Its by Zoo Med and it says that it is African Hardwood. I did run into another store to see if theyy had the same kind of wood. They did have some pieces, but they were to small.
    I wish that i could send some of the soaking rain we are having...we are expecting rain for the next 2-3 days..Im glad that im working when its raining. It drives me crazy when i have to work and the sun is shinning!!!

Peg,

Awwww Thanks!!! Im glad you are close to me too! Its always nice to have a Plumie friend near!!!

Looking forward to tuesday!!

Jen (CA),

We really do need to catch up!!!

My son in law is home now and thank you for thinking of him. He will deploy for his third tour soon... : (

K is doing great, and thank you for thinking of her too!

Yes, this summer has been trying to say the least!!!

Hurricane Irene , Earthquake and a Tornado all in one week!!! Yikes.. what next?

I did post some pics of the Hurricane parade of the Plumies!!! Here are a few for you to see... DH had a time of it withh all of the crickets chirpping at night. I guess that i didnt make the call loud enough for all crickets to jump out of the containers when entering the house..!!! LOL!!!!

They were only in the house for a few days... we lost power for three days, which isnt to bad for some Hurricanes that hit our area!!!

Take care everyone!!!

Laura in VB

Jen.. I tried to copy from Photobucket...it isnt working for me now... Grrr... if you click on my photo view page 4 and u will see some Hurricane pics of the plumies inside...

Take care,

Hope to chat soon!!

Laura in VB

Thanks to Ellen... she has the best idea to display her blooms. We all love her artwork, Thanks again Ellen!!!

• labland
    12 years ago

Yes, I agree, the driftwood idea is a beautiful one! I may need to buy some driftwood,

How long do your blossoms last?

• sunseeker53
    12 years ago

Hi Laura! Love your Black Tiger and the very dark buds! Awesome! Your plants seem to do well despite all that went on in your area this summer!
    The driftwood display is also very nice (thanks to
    Ellen's idea, I'll be looking for driftwoods too!).

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Hi Jen!!! My flowers last about 4 days in the vials of water. They really do brighten up the room when you see them inside!! Makes you smile just to see them!!! : )
    Hope you are doing well! We need to catch up!!!

Thanks again Ellen for sharing this great idea!!!

Hi Sun!!!

Thanks Again!!!

The Black Tiger is a beauty, it is blooming still but only has a few blooms at one time. Imm very happy with it and you are right, I have never seen a darker red.

Some of the others are blooming, i will have to take some pics for you to see and post!!! All is well with the little ones!!

Go find some driftood and make a display!! Let us see yours too! I bet you will have quite a show with all of your blooms!!! Cant wait to see!

Take care,

Laura in VB

I too have been so busy at work...i will email you soon!! : ) Take care Sun!!

• Hunter_M
    12 years ago

Hi Laura! How have things been? Ive been so busy on the palm forum I sometimes forget about the other forums!
    I love your plumerias! They are beautiful! Do you have a favorite plumeria? There are so many beautiful ones its hard to choose for me! Those are so nice! I have one question. Its getting pretty cold outside so I put my plumerias inside. Will they still go dormant inside?
    I Also love your palms! I wish I could grow a palmetto. I love that type. How long have they been there? Did you plant them? I love that Christmas palm. It is defenately one of my favorite palms! They are so beautiful!
    I love the dogs! So cute!!
    -Hunter

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Hi HUnter!!!

I know how it is on the Palm forum!!! LOL That is another "love" that i have... but i cant plant any more in the yard. Containers is a different story!!! : ) I just picked up a Christmas Palm and a Pigmy Date Palm at a local stand ..i couldnt pass them up!!!

Glad you are having a great time with the Palms and the Plumeria... You are so lucky to have this interest at such an early age...BRAVO!!! Keep up the good work, i know some people dont understand the excitement of seeing a seedling, but as you know i do understand!!! Dont let anyone discourage you from the joy that you find in your success!!!

My favorite? Oh MY!!!! LOL... that is a very hard question..

This summer my over all favorite is the Lani!!!

The beauty of this tree has been such a joy!!! The Black Tiger has been close to the top as well!!! The deep color of this red is impressive.

Last summer i really enjoyed Daisy Wilcox..the beauty of the blooms were amazing as well as the scent!! Very fragrant. OK..now you have me thinking of another favorite... Elizabeth Thorton Lemon Drop!!! this is another must have.

With the cold approaching up your way, yes...take them inside. I dont let them see temps drop below 45* Some let them go lower, but i watch the lows forcasted and i will bring them all inside when the te,ps start to drop here in VB. I think i have a few more weeks left. We are having an cold spell here, but i think the temps will bounce back to normal. I have left them alone. You are in Ohio, so you need to bring them in. They will go dormant and will drop their leaves. You can let them just relax during the winter, but dont forget to water just a little. It is hard the first winter when they go dormant with the needs of water. Just remember even thought they are dormant, they do have their needs...water very sparingly. The tree that i sent to you is potted in Al's Gritty Mix and needs more water then the average mix. This mix is very fast draining and will need to be watered a little more. You want to keep it alive even while it is sleeping. It really depends how you store them .

Send me an e,mail and i will help you with the needs of your trees...

Keep up the good work Hunter.. Hope school is going well for you!!! Those Foxtail seedlings look great BTW!!!!

The palms have been in the ground for about 17 years. They have been fun to grow and do make my day when i come home and see Palms here in VB. I planted them when very few would even think about growing Cold hardy Palms in my area.

Its amazing how things have changed : )

You see all sorts of Palms here in VB now....

They are definately gaining speed up the east coast!!!

Take care,

Laura in VB

• Ament
    12 years ago

Laura,

I just want to post to let you know I just -love- your yard and pets! So pretty and the dogs are cute. :)

Currently redoing my yard, so the lawn is dead, dead... dead. LoL Total burn down. Had to. Dandelion forest, broadleaf heaven! Thriving Thistles! Ugh! It was a terrible thing to see. So, now it's all gone! :D Tilling it to put down compost and reseed real soon. Yay! New flower beds too. Oo Can't wait for that either! haha! I'll be certain to snap photos of everything once it's all finished to share though, cuz it'll be so fun!

Ah well, time for me to head out. Vet appointment, Dane has to see the Dr. He's being too ignorant and has to lose his two buddies. If you know what I mean? *coughs*

Have a great day!
    ~Tina, who knows her dane isn't going to appreciate this trip! LOL

• jandey1
    12 years ago

Dear Laura,

I am greedy. Please post more pictures of Black Tiger and cute puppies.

Thnx,
    Jen

• Hunter_M
    12 years ago

Thanks,Laura. Just today on the palm forum, brooklengreg said that he feels uncomfortable talking to me online because Im a minor. Now I wont be able to post without feeling wierd about it. I posted that I would just leave this website if nobody liked to talk to me because of my age. I dont want to leave though. Im not really sure what to do. I enjoy this site and it gives me somthing to look forward to. Im just not sure what to do. Should I keep posting or stop? Im afraid other people feel the same way greg does and It makes me feel segregated and uncomfortable because of my age. I cant help it. I just dont know what to do now.

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Jen,

How are you? I hope u are finally seeing some relief down in good ole "Texas.." You certainly deserve some!!!

I will post some more pics of Black Tiger when i get home..im on the road, but will do so for you when i finaly get home!!! Wish Granted!! : ) Thanks!!!

Tina,

Thank you for the kind compliments!!!

I bet you will have a great time planning what you are going to do with your yard!! When I first started.. I wanted beds of Palm trees, then it just developed into what it is today!!

I cant wait to see before and after pics of your yard!! Should be alot of work, but it sure will be rewarding once you have finished!!!

LOL...When i first saw you post, i just saw the SD and didnt noticed the zone..my first thought was San Diego!! Then i saw that you are in SOuth Dakota!!! WOW!! That makes it even more special to have blooms on your Plumeria!!! Congratulations!!!

I feel for your Dane... OUCH!!! : )

Hunter,

All i can tell you is to do whatever you feel comfortable with... If you enjoy posting and learning from others..then do what makes you feel good!!!

I don't see anyone asking me how old I am? LMAO!!!

Age is just a number.. : )

I remember someone special saying.."Silly Grown Ups Only Ask Questions About Silly Numbers..."

It really doesn't matter how old one is, as long as you can enjoy whatever it is you like!!!

That is my advice to you...

Just avoid those who may not make one feel welcome...

Hold your head high and continue to learn and grow!!!

: )

Like growing Plumeria...

Life takes Patience...

Take care,

Laura in VB

• jandey1
    12 years ago

Hunter, I know you didn't ask me, but I agree with Laura.

If someone has a problem with your age, that's THEIR problem, not yours. You're talking with them about palm trees, right? Not making explosives or bath tub liquor. Seems pretty silly to be uncomfortable talking to a young enthusiast about growing plants. Maybe they're afraid they won't be hip enough for you ;)

Jen

• Ament
    12 years ago

Ugh! Appointment day rescheduled. They goofed, not me... So, Thursday, try again. Plumie is indoors now. I don't feel like dragging it in and out again. Nights are colder now. :)

Hunter? As for their age issue? It is -Their- Issue. Not yours. Do you have an issue with your age? Now, think about that, before you answer yourself. No? Then think about this, are you here learning? Contributing to the conversation? Having fun doing so? Then stay! :) Have fun! Rain on their parade and let them huff in a corner I say. :D

My daughter who is soon to be 16 had to learn this lesson too, to be her own person and not allow others to rain on HER parade in this manner. She's become a very outgoing person because of it. You don't allow another to rain on your parade and ruin it! Ever! :) Have fun! Life is far too short otherwise. GW doesn't ban you simply for your age, why should they? Ignore them! :P

Now I'm off to go clean house, so I'm off my soap box and running!

~Tina

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello EVeryone,

Jen and Tina,

Thank you for the encouragement to Hunter.

Life can be hard sometimes, GW should be a place to have fun and learn...

Thank you... : )

Laura in VB

• Ament
    12 years ago

Always welcome Laura,

Just wrong for someone to hammer another like the bloke in another forum did. Just not cool at all. :( Makes me very angry. Truly it does. My daughter had that crap happen to her, had a very long haul to get her built up enough to handle it on her own, mostly. She's got a spine like steel now though. LOL She tolerates no BS now days and stands up for others who cannot do it themselves. Helps lots of young ones who need it. Very proud of her I am. :D

~Tina

• Hunter_M
    12 years ago

Thank you all for the support and encouragemenent. I really appreciate it.
    -Hunter

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus