SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plumeriastix

Seedling has dark veins on leaves

17 years ago

Well I have a new question now (if I'm being a site hog you guys let me know, okay?). I have about 15 pretty healthy seedlings going. Most are from a pink plant of my BF's mother (the seeds were HUGE, well the wings are huge and I think the seeds are too, compared to others I have bought) and a few from some type of rainbow plant. My question is, one and only one seedling has dark brownish veins entirely throughout it's leaves (from the pink seeds). The others all have light colored veins, does that mean anything or is it just a little loaner? Are there certain varieties of plumies that have only dark veins? Maybe I'm just being one of those momma's that want their baby to grow up to be a Dr. or lawyer or in this case some strange, exotic variety no one has ever seen!

Thanks again, : )

Jerri

I have some of the big HUGE seeds left. I would be willing to send five seeds to the first 2 people who would like them (I would still like to get some more started otherwise I would offer more). They opened in July and have been in an envelope on my desk. They had a pretty good germination rate, but I had to help most of them out of their little 'jackets.' They are still good I think.

Also I ordered what I thought were plumie seeds from some one in turkey or some place like that (he is sirpoetry on ebay). I have 9 small plastic packets of what appear to be orchid seeds (they include orchid growing instructions which seem quite complicated to me). I know some of you guys grow orchids as well so if there is someone who wants those please let me know. Otherwise they will probably be thrown away.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida