SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
burnsaa

new cutting with a very soft stem

burnsaa
17 years ago

Hello All,

Im a total novice when it comes to plants so your help is much appreciated. I just got a plumeria cutting and it is about 15" tall with two tips I planted it in a 1 gallon pot with 70% perlite, 15% peat, and 15% cactus soil with about an inch of pea gravel on top. I then watered it with about 3-4 cups of water with a some superthrive in it. Oh I also dipped the bottom part in rootone. Since I am located in the Seattle area where we get alot of rain and not much sun I have it inside under a 160watt grow lite for about 18 hours a day. So my problem is the stem seems to be very squishy but I have pricked it and white ooze comes out so I watered it some more but it still seems very soft. I am kind of afraid of over watering how do I know when to keep watering or when to stop and also will my grow lite be enough to make it bloom? Also when I got my cutting it had a few small new leaves that hadnt opened yet but they are all black, are they dead or will they eventually open up, should I leave them alone or pinch them off also should I use a fertalizer and if so what kind???

Like I said im a total novice so any help will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County