SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather2969

What type of job would you say I am suited best for?

heather2969
12 years ago

Hello-

So very new here. I pored over posts on here last night trying to find out more information about a job suited to my skills. I don't quite fit any profile, so I am hoping you all can help. The answers I have seen here are so insightful, and blunt, which is exactly what I am looking for. I am a 40 something mom who now has 3 kids skipping off to school each day and a resume burning a whole in my pocket. I spent my early professional career as a graphic designer, in front of a computer all day. I really don't want to do that anymore. I want to work in the garden/floral area. I stayed home with my kids ten years, and honed my garden and design skills. I went to set up a "new" resume, and saw that a lot has changed. It seemed I needed to create a website or blog, with resume, and portfolio, which consists of projects in my own yard. I want to do something in the gardening "area", and try to use my "transferable skills" and background to secure a position. I'm just not sure what that position might be! I have lots to learn -- where do you all think I should concentrate my job search? I created a "resume" and portfolio blog site to "get to know me"... if you have time, can you stop by, browse, and leave a post here on where or what type of work you think I would be best suited for. Thank you in advance. I would love to hear from you - good, bad and in between! I truly want to find a good fit.

Please go here: http://heatherandignac.wordpress.com/

Comments (12)

Sponsored