SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ironkitten1

sticky and spotty plumeria leaves

ironkitten1
15 years ago

hello all! i have been reading from this site for a while now and have learned a great deal from all you experts out there.. this is the first time i have posted, so i am a complete newbie.. i have 3 plumerias, 2 cuttings from Hawaii which will be 2 yrs this feb. One established plant from HD in Texas. All are growing fine (no blooms yet) :( they do have lots of leaves. My 2 cuttings are what i am worried about though. One is a stick, the other is starting to branch out. The leaves feel sticky and they have little brown/white spots on top and underside of the leaves!! I don't see any flying bugs around the plants and i can take a damp cloth and wipe the spots off. I live in Nebraska, so they are only indoors, they get full late morn and afternoon sun, i water only when they are fully dry (bout once a week) and use a 9-59-8 blooming & rooting soluble food when watering. I mist the leaves often. Are these spots/stickyness bad? What can I do? Should i be wiping the leaves? are these bugs? Thank you so much for any help you can give.. :)

Comments (5)