SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ondakatt

Pesticide use danger

ondakatt
14 years ago

Hi. I've read this forum for a while, but never posted before. But, now, I have a concern and question and hoped I could get some advice.

We have several jalapeno plants growing and recently got a problem with insects. My husband went to the local garden shop and got some spray and pills that the shop people suggested for these plants. We used both immediately (about 1 week ago).

Today, I looked at the package of the pills and it said it was not for use on edible plants. The pills we used contained imidacloprid as the active ingredient (pills are from Bayer Garden Science). I tried to look this product's safety up on the net, but met with more scientific results rather than plain talk. All I can really understand is that I would never use these pills again.

So, my question is, how dangerous is this and have we ruined this year's crop with this pesticide? I had put half the suggested dose to start and have dug most of it out now. It was our first time growing a garden and we just followed the advice from the shop, but I think that was a mistake.

Comments (12)

Sponsored