SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mich_in_zonal_denial

How much pro bono work do you take on a year?

Here on the Left Coast we have been hit hard with a lot of cutbacks to our social programs.

Because of this there seems to be a greater effort from these social programs & their program directors to reach further and further out into the private sector for funds and contributions.

I try to do one or two pro bono jobs a year but I am starting to find it difficult to choose which social program(s) to work with and then I find it even harder to say No or decline contributing to a social program that I feel strongly for.

The big crux for me at the moment is several clients have asked me to contribute to their fundraising events for their childs school, but I am feeling already overextended with my 'regular' contributions to the charities and programs of my choice.

This puts me in a hard position. .. How to tactfully say that I just don't have either the excess funds or excess time to contribute to their childrens school programs.

It's a toughy -

How do others handle the 'balance ' of pro bono work and maintain good working relationships with your good clients.

Thanks for any insight.

Michelle

Comments (9)

Sponsored