SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eemedrelyt

Windmill PAlm care

eemedrelyt
15 years ago

OK so the windmill palm I have is doing good, but I have a few question. First, About how long does a single leaf live for? Second, one of the leafs on the windmill palm is kinda not growing. It has been the same for about 3 months. It is a new leaf with the stem not showing and the spiky things(fronds? i dont remmeber what there called) are just hanging down on the side of the plant. does anyone know why this is? is it normal? there are still other new leaves growing and have become fully grown looking. Also, why is it that 4 leafs/fronds have all of a suden turned black/brown or are turning black/brown? Are they just gettin old? They are all at the bottum of the trunk and im guessin the oldest leaves.

I have this windmill palm planted in a pot. I have dirt and very much sand mixed with it. I had just taken the palm tree out recently because i noticed it has suffered rot. SO i added more sand for better drainage and so not as much water will get clogged up.

I live in minnesota(southern minnesota) and i do not remember the zone that is. But the palm tree is inside right now by windows that face the south.

Thanks!

Comments (2)