SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjetski

Bacterial leaf spot, is there a better way, or overkill?

sjetski
12 years ago

Hey all,

Sorry i don't have any pics to post, but i'm positive of what my bulk C.Annuum's have, bacterial leaf spot for the third year in a row. I always discovered it late in the past, and it tended to cause pretty serious disruption till i'd finally get it to 'manageable' level. It affected both pods and leaves.

About a week ago i noticed the first spots again, yanked as many leaves as i could find, then sprayed everything down with a Physan20 (linked below) + neem oil mix. This got everything 'manageable' last year, and i hope i caught it early enough this year. I noticed a few more spots pop up in the meantime, but not many, so of course i sprayed everything down again, and will keep doing so.

I noticed all the infected plants/leaves were right next to each other, about a dozen plants total right smack in the middle of the entire plot. The far edges have no infected leaves yet, but those plants were sprayed down anyway, and so were the plants in my other plots about 40 to 50ft away. I didn't want to take any chances...

Does anyone have any pointers for me, a more proven product perhaps? Or is my regimen fine since i caught it early, and i'm just making a big deal of things?

I already know to keep the leaves as dry as possible, so i have that base covered.

Here is a link that might be useful: Physan20

Comments (10)

Sponsored