SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diggity_ma

Can you see your potager from space?

diggity_ma
16 years ago

I was just playing around with the satellite images on maps.google.com and realized I can see my potager from space! This picture looks like it was taken a couple of years ago in the early spring, so everything is brown and dormant, but it's still pretty neat to see it from this perspective. The white lines are the picket fence around the potager and back yard. What's deceiving is that this picture makes it looks like our yard is flat. Far from it! The curvy things behind the house are a series of stone walls - a nice masonry wall near the house and a boulder stone wall that does a switchback going up a steep hill. The curved line in front of the house down by the road is another HUGE boulder stone wall that contains our septic system. The reddish colored blob just outside the potager is the kids' swingset - I hate to say it, but I'll be sooooo glad when they get a little older and we can get rid of that eyesore!

And a picture of what it looks like this year up close:

It got a little overgrown this summer, but all in all has been extremely productive. It has really been a great year for gardening here in the Northeast.

-Diggity

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio