SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shellva

Question for Angelcub...and anyone else too:)

shellva
17 years ago

Hello Diana,

I just visited your photobucket page. Beautiful btw, but my question for you is concerning that first pic of your raised boxes and soaker hoses. I actually have several questions for you concerning those.

1. what are the dimensions of the boxes and how long are the hoses?

2. Were you able to buy the hoses in that length or were you able to modify them to a shorter length?

3. If you modified them to a desired length, HOW????

4. Do you cover them with mulch after plants are in?

5. Do you take the hoses up and put them away at the end of the growing season or do you leave them in place?

I am sorry for so many questions but I have 4'x 8' beds. The shortest soaker hose I was able to find was 50'. Today at Lowes I did find 10' soaker hoses but they were $6 a pop! The 50 ft hoses were only a couple dollars more! I broke down and bought the 10 ft very reluctantly. I figured each of my boxes could use a 20-25 ft length of soaker hose. That is why I asked if you modified yours and if so how?

I appreciate any advice you can give me concerning this matter. Oh, one more question...have you found that just having a bit of soaker hose in the box is enough to reach all the plants in that bed or do you feel that the hose needs to run right along each and every plant? I hope you understand what I am trying to ask.

Sincerely,

Michelle

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor