SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa33_gw

New potager progress here, too! So excited!

14 years ago

I am so excited that I am finally making some substantive progress on my potager. I just had to post here because I think everyone else in my life just thinks I'm a little nuts. No one seems to even know what a potager is!

I posted this picture on another thread. It's sorta the 'before' picture (although it's after I cultivated and marked out my plans in the dirt). I plan to paint the building you see a cottage-y green. I have shutters and I think I'm going to paint that window box black (and actually fasten it under the window! It's just propped up there at the moment).

{{gwi:658851}}

Here's the space from early this afternoon as I was working on the back right bed and retaining wall. The paths are very dirty so it's hard to see, but I used fieldstone steppers. I plan to plant in the cracks. I wintersowed creeping thyme, but due to a mishap, don't have much. Any suggestions for what to plant there? I just love the "Potting Shed" sign that I found at an antique store. I plan to put that up above the window. I also have two old wooden ladders that will serve as trellises on either side of the building. That's an Altisimmo climbing rose to the right.

And here is a different angle, a little later in the day as I started the second of four beds. As you can see, I put cardboard in the bottom. You can ignore the random extra stone I have laying around (like the small rocks in the center of the circle I made of brick). It's a work in progress, to say the least!

Anyway, I am so excited! I just had to share with someone. I can't wait to get the beds finished, filled and planted! I won't bore you with anymore details.

Thanks for reading and looking!

Lisa

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting