SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nycynthias

FINALLY some progress to share!!

14 years ago

It's been a long time coming, but I finally have a little bit of potager progress to share with all of you! We carved a 24x24' space out of a slight slope on the eastern side of our house to site the potager. Even though the slope was only about 9-10" over the whole span, it was still a ton of work! After digging out, we placed pressure treated 2x6's along the outside perimeter, and then started hauling gravel. Actually it's 3/8" crushed bluestone. And it weighed many, many tons. We finished up the gravel Saturday, but it's rained ever since, so we're sort of stalled at the moment--today was the first break in the weather since then, and I haven't had an opportunity to do much other than snap a few quick photos. Next step is to adjust the placement of the boxes and leveling them (obvious when you see the photos, LOL!!), then I can start filling them up and planting. I can't wait!!

I do have a few young plants & seeds in one perimeter bed between the potager and the fence--a couple of cabbages, a couple of broccoli, peas, turnips and onions at the moment. I couldn't let the *entire* spring season pass me by!

Thank you all for your great advice, help, photo inspiration and input thus far--I will definitely be posting pics as the season progresses!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES