SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manzomecorvus

Rolll call!

manzomecorvus
17 years ago

Hey y'all,

its been a while, how about we roll call?

I will start off, I live down in sunny Central Texas in a tiny shoebox that somebody in a fit of hyperbole called a house. Have to fess up, I started my junk potager 6 years ago, and finished it (literally) last month. I am so sloooow - I am now working on a flower bed I started two years ago, it might be ready next spring!

It feels a little strange down here right now. We got some really nasty killer frosts this winter, but no hail or bad storms (well, ok, there was an ice storm that shut the city down for 2 1/2 days - but a coat of ice don't much bother plants, so it doesn't count!). Now we are getting plenty of good rain and the garden is happy. I just know that Texas is trying to lull me into a false sense of security!

I decided to go crazy with the cantaloupe/melons this year --am trying 8 different kinds (instead of Jenny Lind, which I usually grow). Am also trying corn and "Envy" zinnias (I ordered Envy instead of Persian Carpet this year - am hoping I don't regret it!). I finally have a little room, so we will see how the corn does - I am growing heirlooms for Hudson Seeds for roasting. May grow sweet corn next year IF I am successful. And there is a very good chance the wild blackberry I rooted may produce this year. 3 years wait, it better be worth it!

So, come on - tell us who you are and whats up in your potager this year?

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21