SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginkgoglass_gw

Small Circular Potager?

ginkgoglass
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I am really enjoying looking around this forum, and especially the potager and herb forum. There is a wealth of information here!

I have this weird structure in the middle of my back patio left by a previous owner, a octagonal shaped bench surrounding this 6 foot diameter raised bricked in area. I have no idea why it's there, but I want to get rid of it.

I thought of just filling it in with stone or concrete, but when my boyfriend suggested an herb kitchen garden, I thought that was a fantastic idea. I was thinking of a climbing rose in the middle, (I already have two Zepherine Drouhin roses that need to be moved) and surrounding it with herbs and other edible plants.

Adding a link till I figure out how to add pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ginkgoglass/5491753945/

I have few questions I would love input on:

1. Am I crazy to put this right in the middle of the patio? It does take up space in the middle.

2. Do any of you have some pics of small potagers like my proposed plan? Any suggestions you have are appreciated.

3. What are the best plants to make it look fantastic by April 7th for a friends 40th birthday party?

Thanks in advance, Lana

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!