SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leslazz

Thank Goodness for this forum!

leslazz
16 years ago

I stumbled across Gardenweb when I was looking for info on Gardenia care 'So you want to grow a Gardenia'. It was hilarious and gave me lots of how to's (mostly on how to quickly put them out of their misery!) Well now that I have absolutely no faith in keeping them alive, I do have a Plumeria someone gave me last year when my sister passed away.

It took me about two months to convice myself that I had killed that poor thing too and put it up against my house for the winter. Never watered (why should I? it was dead, right?) Husband was setting up our patio again this year and low and behold there was new life!

I am so happy! Have lots of leaves on the one stem but no flowers yet. Will keep my fingers crossed tho. My question is this.... because I did NOTHING to it last year when cooler temperatures came along, do I do the same again this year? Not that I am getting greedy, but it would be nice to get some flowers on it next year! My nursery guy said I was lucky just to get leaves! Lots of different opinions here and I am a bit confused. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (12)