SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sgtksw05

Repotted my Majesties today....Opinions wanted.

sgtksw05
17 years ago

Hey Everyone!

Today I repotted the two Majesty Palms that I bought from Home Depot about a year ago. Both pots came with one bigger (3 ft) Majesty and one smaller (1 ft) Majesty. Today I seperated them because when I lifted the palms/soil from the pots I noticed that the roots were growing in a circle around the bottom. All palms were given bigger pots to grow up in but I must admit that the two smaller palms were seperated from the larger two without ANY gentleness, basicly were ripped up out of the ground with bare roots. The larger palms kept the orginal soil with them in the repotting. I was about to toss the two smaller palms away but being the palm fanatic that I am I just couldnt leave them to die in the cold during the nights here in zone 7B winters.....so they too were repotted with Mircale Grow potting soil and brought back inside my house. Today I also went out to Home Depot and bought two OTT-Lite Plant Growth Lights. The lamps are 13 watts and cost me 50 dollars each.

I imagine that I have already given the smaller palms a death sentence right?

I would appreciate any input anyone has for me concerning the palms or the lights.

Thanks everyone!

Comments (8)