SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print

It's happening again, on the Celadine this time. OK, I've got to get a photo, but can't find the time. Here's what's happening. The buds seem to fall off at quite a small stage. All over the inflo there are small spots of white on the buds, stems, etc. -- I think it's latex that has oozed out small holes. I'm wondering if the damage could be a sucking insects like mites. Will TRY to get a photo up soon. I don't see any mites, but my eyes aren't great and don't have a mag. glass. There is another inflo developing on another branch that is not showing any white dots (yet). Plant is in a large pot. All the leaves look very healthy. When I water I usually water the leaves as well (to dislodge mites). I just recently tried spraying with Spectracide. We'll see if that has any effect.

Here's a photo from about a week ago. If I take a new photo, I'm not sure I'll be able to get in close enough. We've had warm and dry weather (low humidity) until yesterday. Got almost 2" of rain last night (yeahhh!).

Comments (16)