SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shallot_gw

Onions and potatoes

shallot
10 years ago

Hi everyone, hope you've all had an enjoyable Christmas. The garden catalogues have started arriving here and my kind is on next years garden. I will be graduating in May and do don't know if we will be moving during the summer. So this year I'm planning to concentrate on a spring garden rather than summer crops. Should save me some space by forgoing tomatoes and peppers!

After looking through the forum, I think I will try growing onions this year since well have space and (I think?) will he harvested by July. I see that Dixondale comes highly recommended. Does anyone know if these are sold anywhere locally? I checked their website but it pricey to order just one or two bunches.
Also thinking of giving potatoes a try this year, so does anyone gave any recommendations of where to find seed potatoes? Local would be great, I am in norman.

One other question, can garlic and onions handle partial shade? Before I decide just where to put them.

Also thanks for all the advice over last year. I totaled up today and we harvested 28 lbs of cukes and 24 lb of (mostly hot) peppers and 14 lb if eggplant. I was so pleased! Especially as it was out first full year of gardening!

Thanks,
Charlotte (chomping at the bit to start the 2014 garden!)

Comments (11)