SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

NWS Says Snow Possible Early Next Week

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
13 years ago

Yesterday, our local weather forecaster mentioned a "slim" possibility of snow on Monday or Tuesday and today the NWS mentioned that same possibility on the Enhanced Webpage of the Norman forecast office, which is linked below.

Of course, forecasts made this far in advance can change, but if any of you have anything that needs to be covered up to protect it from cold damage, then Mon. or Tues. might be a time when covering up that vegetation would be a good idea.

I don't remember seeing snow this early in OK since we moved here in 1999, but....you never know. I do stubbornly refuse to believe snow actually will fall because I'm trying to pretend it is early autumn and not almost winter. (How can it possibly be December already?) All my plants are in pots though, so it won't hurt them if it does because they'll be in the garage.

So far, they are focused on the possibility of snow and not ice, which is a really good thing. I don't know how much more ice the trees still standing in our state can take after 3 or 4 bad back-to-back ice storm years.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Norman Weather Office webpage

Comments (3)