SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

Al's Gritty Mix ingredients - found them!

No-Clue
11 years ago

I have been putting this off for a while because I thought it would be near impossible to find them. But as it turned out I found Turface MVP and A-1 Grit right away. Both stores are very close to me so no problem there.

Ironically Fir Bark was the hardest to find! Who would have thought. I tried the Shasta brand. No luck. Tried the Wonder Bark brand no luck. So finally I just decided to get Repti-bark and be done with it. Now that I have these I actually have more questions.

1. What is that string that is coming out the bottom of the pot. What's that about and do I have to do that?

2. The other part I'm even more confused is the sifting screens. Can I use the ones made for food? I don't know the specific sizes though.

3. What mix do I use for So Cal Zone 10 for Plumerias?

4. Last but not least... do I transfer ALL my plants to this new mix or leave them alone and start w/ the new plants I recently bought?

My Foliag Pro is coming this Friday... and so are all the plants I bought on Ebay.

I'm sorry if these questions have been asked before. I really appreciate all your help! Thanks again!

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living