SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avidchamp

German above ground sweet potato recipes

avidchamp
14 years ago

Dawn, you said you would give out some recipes for the above ground sweet potato and I am ready for them if you have the time. Mine are not quite as big as you said they would get to but I like to be prepared. Thanks.

Pat

Comments (24)

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Pat,

Since German Above-Ground Sweet Potatoes are winter squash, any recipe that specifies winter squash or pumpkin (pumpkins actually are winter squash) can be used for them.

Here's a few:

BASIC PREP DIRECTIONS FOR WINTER SQUASH:

To clean them: Wash them in cold water. Cut them in half. Remove the seeds and fiber from the center. You can bake them in the oven in halves or in pieces. Or, you can steam them. To steam them, peel the squash and cut it into 1 1/2" chunks. Arrange the chunks on a steaming rack. Place rack over boiling water and cover. Steam for 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Remove rack of steamed chunks from heat. Sprinkle with brown sugar and then return to pot and steam for 5 more minutes. Transfer chunks to a serving dish, add a little bit of margarine or butter, and toss gently to distribute butter/brown sugar, and serve.

You also can bake them in the oven or microwave to cook them.

ORANGE-GLAZED WINTER SQUASH:

1 large squash (if it is extra large, you may only need half a squash)
    1/3 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup margarine or butter
    1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup corn syrup
    2 teaspoons grate lemon rind
    1/8 teaspoon salt

Wash squash and cut into 1 1/2" chunks. Place chunks in a lightly greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Pour orange juice over the chunks. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Melt butter in a small saucepan and add brown sugar, corn syrup, lemon rind and salt. Mix well. Bring this mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Immediately spoon the syrup mixture over the baked squash. Return the dish to the oven and bake, uncovered, until squash is tender--about 15 to 20 minutes.

SPICED SQUASH PUDDING

Six-pound squash
    1 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1 tablespoon grated orange rind
    2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
    1/2 cup evaporated milk
    1/2 cup milk
    1 egg beaten
    additional ground nutmet and ground cinnamon, optional

Cut squash into pieces and place in a shallow baking dish. Cover tightly with lid or aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour and fifteen minutes, or until squash is tender.

Remove squash from baking dish. Remove pulp from the squash and discard the rind. Mash the pulp well using a fork or potato masher. Drain thoroughly.

Combine the mashed, drained squash with the butter, sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg and citrus rinds in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat for 45 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently. Add milk and egg, blending well. Cook for another 10 minutes, stirring constantly.

Spoon the squash mixture into 12 lightly greased 6 oz. ramekins or custard cups. Sprinkle top with a little bit of additional spices if desired. Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes.

Serves 12.

WINTER SQUASH CHICKEN POT PIE (This recipe is from Amy Goldman's book, THE COMPLEAT SQUASH.)

6 T. unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing the baking dish
    1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
    2 cups frozen pearl onions
    1 cup frozen peas
    2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
    2 large parsnips, peeled and sliced (If you don't like parsnips, or can't find any, substitute more carrots. You want a total of 3 cups carrots/parsnips, or only carrots.)
    3 cups peeled, seeded, cubed winter squash, cut into bite-sized pieces
    6 T. all-purpose flour
    2 C. chicken stock
    2 C. plus 2 T. half-and-half
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried chopped sage leaves
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
    1/2 cup chopped parsley

Butter a 3-qt. overproof bowl or baking dish and set it aside.

On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry dough into a square or rectangle large enough to cover the top of your baking dish, with about a 1 1/2" overhang all around the dish. Transfer the puff pastry to a parchment-paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to use.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute' for about 5 minutes or until they begin to brown; add the peas, carrots, parsnips, and winter squash and continue cooking for several more minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the veggies from the skillet and set aside.

Make a roux by adding the flour to the skillet and cooking the mixture over low heat, stirring until it starts to color. Quickly whisk in the chicken stock and 2 cups of the half-and-half. Return the vegetables to the skillet and season with sage, salt and pepper.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bring the vegetable/stock mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until the liquid is thick and smooth and the veggies are fork-tender and yet still slightly firm. This should take about 10-15 minutes. At this point, stir in the chicken and parsley.

To assemble the pot pie: Pour the filling into the greased baking dish to within one inch of the top of the dish. Drape your chilled puff pastry over the dough, pressing the dough to the outside edge of the dish to secure it. Make a few slits in the puff pastry to allow steam to escape. Brush the top of the pastry with the remaining 2 T. of the half-and-half.

Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the puff pastry is puffed and golden-brown. Serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.

TO ROAST WINTER SQUASH:

You also can steam or roast winter squash along with other root vegetables like parsnips and carrots.

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

Dice your vegetables into pieces and place them in the roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Roast for one hour or until lightly browned and then serve.

TO MAKE A 'PUMPKIN' PIE: Steam or microwave your squash until softened. Scrape squash flesh into blender and puree. Substitute your squash puree for the amount of pumpkin puree called for in any pumpkin pie recipe.

Also, check out the attached link. It has a recipe for a winter squash soup and a southwestern-style squash chowder.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous Thread With Two Winter Squash/Pumpkin Recipes

• OklaMoni
    14 years ago

Hmmm this former German never heard of above ground sweet potatoes.

I had also never had German Chocolate Cake, before I came to the US.

Moni

• Related Discussions

German Above Ground Sweet Potatoes

Q

Comments (11)
    Do your seeds look like squash or pumpkin seeds? The only vegetable I have seen referred to as German Above-Ground Sweet Potato is actually a large, heirloom winter squash. Seeds for this winter squash are sometimes offered for sale by the South Carolina Foundation Seed Association (they were on the 2006 and 2007 sale list). If this is what you have, you would plant it and treat it the same way you plant/raise any winter squash. I usually plant my winter squash seeds in May, when the ground is good and warm here in southern Oklahoma. Winter squash plants take up a LOT of space.....much like pumpkins. They spread and sprawl. You can let them run all over the ground, or you can contain them somewhat by raising them on a very sturdy fence or trellis. The German Above-Ground Sweet Potato produces large winter squash, approimately 18" to 20" long and about 6" to 8" wide at the widest point. Both ends taper down smaller....hence the resemblence to the standard sweet potato, and the name! By the way, there are other heirloom winter squashes that either resemble very large sweet potatoes or have the words Sweet Potato in their name. Winter squash, when properly harvested and cured, can be stored for several months at room temperature or in a root cellar, basement, garage or tornado shelter. You can find some interesting seeds (many developed at the university over the years) at the Clemson University website. If nematodes are a problem for you, they have some seeds for veggies, including southern peas, that are nematode-resistant. The South Carolina Foundation Seed Association has a lot of interesting heirlooms. Dawn Here is a link that might be useful: Clemson University link to SCFA seed lists
    ...See More

Sub for Brandy in Mustangs Sweet Potato Recipe?

Q

Comments (3)
    Maggie, I just threw the brandy into this recipe because I try to incorporate wine/liquor/beer into recipes. Odd, since I don't drink. I have also substituted Jim Beam for this. It doesn't have an overpowering alcohol at all but it gives a rich taste to it from my perspective. So, bottom line, you can leave the liquor out or sub whatever you want.
    ...See More

RECIPE: German Potato Salad

Q

Comments (4)
    Hmmmmm - that seems like alot of sugar to me. Here's my recipe: German Potato Salad 12 slices bacon 1/2 cup chopped onion 2 tablespoons flour 2 tablespoons sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon celery seed 1/2 cup vinegar dash of pepper 6 cups sliced cooked potatoes 4 hard cooked eggs, sliced Cook bacon till crisp; drain and crumble, reserving 1/4 cup fat. Cook onion in fat till tender. Blend in flour, sugar, salt, celery seed, and dash pepper; add vinegar and 1 cup water; cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Add bacon, potatoes and eggs; heat thoroughly, tossing occasionally. I've made this recipe for years.....its really tasty. Barb
    ...See More

RECIPE: Looking For A Good Sweet Potato Pie Recipe

Q

Comments (1)
    Just use mashed fresh sweet potatoes for this if you don't want to use canned: SWEET POTATO PIE WITH STREUSEL TOPPING One 23 oz can sweet potatoes, drained & mashed (1 3/4 cup) One 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (like Eagle brand) 1 egg 1 tsp nutmeg 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp ground ginger 1/8 tsp ground cloves, optional 1 unbaked pastry shell Mix potatoes, milk, egg & spices together until smooth. Pour into pastry lined pie pan & sprinkle w/streusel topping. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.~~ STREUSEL TOPPING 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 2 TBL flour 2 TBL pecans, chopped 1/4 tsp cinnamon 2 TBL firm butter Mix brown sugar, flour, pecans, cinnamon & butter together. Blend w/fork until crumbly.~~An Atlanta Tradition
    ...See More
  • Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    14 years ago

Moni,

I don't know why they have the word German in their name. They're just a winter squash and I don't know that they originated from Germany either, although I guess they could have.

Lots of old heirloom varieties often had a nationality affixed to their name merely because the person who named the variety had received it from someone of German or Polish or Italian origin, for example, even though that didn't mean the variety came from there.

Dawn

• soonergrandmom
    14 years ago

German chocolate has nothing to do with Germany but was named after the man who developed the chocolate type. It's a "made in the USA" concoction.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mr. German and his chocolate

• OklaMoni
    14 years ago

Yeah, I know that now, but back then people always asked me, it it tastes like home.

Same thing when we had a Dutch exchange student; he had never had Dutch apple pie before living in Oklahoma with us. :)

Just seems funny, the way countries get linked to foods.

Moni

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    14 years ago

Moni,

It is funny, and I wonder what foods would be linked to the USA by persons from other countries. Hot dogs? Hamburgers? French Fries? McDonald's?

We all know what Greek food is...or Italian food...or German. But what food, really, is American? It seems like a lot of our food (like our melting pot of people) has come from elsewhere.

How about Tex-Mex? Most of the "Mexican" food you get here in Oklahoma doesn't really taste like Mexican food from Mexico....but, rather, it is our version of their food. So, what food can we claim is 'uniquely' ours?

Dawn

• mulberryknob
    14 years ago

Corn on the Cob. When my aunt had a german exchange student a few years ago, he had never eaten corn on the cob. He said that in Germany, corn was fed to pigs. It took a bit of coaxing on my kids part (they were close to his age) to get him to try it, but after he did he loved it. He said that was his favorite new "American food."

He also said that American bread wasn't worth eating. My aunt probably only bought white bread, and I wondered if he would like wholewheat better, but one of my cousins who had lived in Germany said there is simply no bread in America to compare with German bread.

• OklaMoni
    14 years ago

Yes, I never had corn on a cob before Oklahoma. Neither did I have the average beer, it has more punch over there.

Bread, well, you have to hunt. Best bread (for Germans) Farrells in Tulsa. :)

Trust me, I couldn't eat the wonder bread I found here, when I first got here. I still bake my own, cept when I have to go to Tulsa. :)

Dawn, I really don't know, what you can call American cuisine.

Moni

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    14 years ago

Barbara,

I did think about 'soul food' as a unique American type of food and it kinda, sorta is, but it still originated from another continent if you want to get really technical. Of course, the food of the Native Americans that were here before the white Europeans arrived is probably are closest to a truly American food.

I do love soul food, and being a southern girl (albeit a white girl), I grew up eating a lot of soul food. In high school, I took a Black American History course in 1976 (they were trying to offer courses at our high school that were 'relevant' to what was going on in society at the time....). We drew a class project out of a hat, and ours was to prepare 'Soul Food' for the class. At that point in time, neither my project partner nor I knew what "Soul Food" was. We went to the library to do research, and discovered that we'd been eating soul food our entire lives--so, it turned out the joke was on us! (Poor white folks like my daddy's white sharecropper family ate about the same food in the early to mid-1900s that the poor black sharecroppers ate, so 'soul food' was always a part of my family's meals.) For example, we always had red beans, corn bread, and turnip greens (cooked with fatback)for our Wed. night meal, and it was one of my dad's favorite meals until the end of his life.

I also thought about "Cowboy Food", i.e. Chuckwagon Cooking, as an indigenous food that is uniquely American, although likely it is not. It has, of course, strong roots in the Spanish and Mexican cultures because many of the early cowboys were of that heritage.

You know, nowadays when we decide to go out to eat, we have a lot of choices.....Chinese Food, Thai, Mexican, Italian....etc. I just think it is often harder to choose "American Food" unless you're talking about the all-American fast food meal of a burger, fries and soda. I'd hope, though, that our American food heritage is more than just that.

Dawn

• soonergrandmom
    14 years ago

Even if we hadn't eaten "soul food" at home when we were growing up, we certainly ate it in the school lunch rooms of Oklahoma. My school had beans, greens, and cornbread twice a week. One day they were pintos and the other day they would be a white bean. My husband said it was the same in Arkansas.

I am old so that is why I remember this, but I remember when lunch was $1.00 or $1.25 for the WEEK. I don't think the government paid much to the local school lunch program. LOL

At any rate, you were going to get the cheapest food that they could provide, but still cook a balanced meal. The above meal also had eiher a serving of pears, or maybe a peach cobler, or piece of cake, and a half pint of milk.

I just read my answer to my DH and he said, "Yeh, and a lot of macaroni and cheese, and a lot of salads, which were a pear half served on a lettuce leaf with a dollop of mayonaise and shreaded cheese." I don't like mayonaise on any kind of sandwich, but I occasionally will eat a small amount on pears and I am sure that is where it comes from. I use it in potato salad, tuna salad, etc, but I don't like the way it taste. Pears are one of my least favorite fruits as well, and I would much rather have romaine lettuce than iceberg, so I don't know why I will eat that salad, but I sometimes still make it today. My husband always calls it "lunchroom salad".

• soonergrandmom
    14 years ago

By the way, the yams of Africa are not the sweet potatoes of America although we sometimes call them yams. My son can eat sweet potatoes, but he is horribly allergic to the African yam. It is a staple food in Africa where he lives. He has gotten in twice while eating out and the last time he was so violently ill, that he quickly used an "eppy pen" on himself and his co-workers still had to take him to the emergency room where they gave him a second injection.

• scarlettfourseasonsrv
    14 years ago

My goodness Soonermom! Bless his heart. Yes, some foods, like the humble peanut can cause tremendous allergies. I hope he'll be careful.

My friend's mom used to work in a school cafeteria as a cook. She'd talk about "Tommy Marzetti spagetti" with tons of American cheese on top.

Well, I've noticed that the new Better Homes and Garden's cookbook has many new recipes than the old one my mom went by, and I still love some of those awesome recipes.

Well, things change, and we adapt our own ways of cooking and that's just fine with me. I love all ethnic cooking.

But what I grew up with was similar to Dawn's. What ever grows in our neck of the woods is what we incorporate into our menus. (Most of the time, lol!)That's regional cooking American style. Why should we even bother trying to nail it down to one particular 'type' of food and labeling it as THE one and only American cooking, eh?

Is there any country in the world that has as many diversified styles of cooking as we do here in America? If there is, I don't know of any.

Dawn
    Your recipes looked yumola-as usual! You must have a complete library!

Barbara

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    14 years ago

Carol, I knew that about the yam versus the sweet potato, but hadn't thought about it in a while. Your son is living in a dangerous place given his food allergy. I am sure he is as careful as he can be, but those yams can sneak up on you sometimes when they are in mixed dishes where they aren't obvious.

Our school served lots of soul food too, but I hadn't thought about that in ages and ages. After my siblings and I, and our cousin, Patty, who lived a couple of miles from us and attended that school, got old enough that we all were at least in Middle School, my aunt (Patty's mom) went to work in the elementary school lunchroom. So, of course, she learned all the school recipes.

To this day, we still pester her for Texas Sheet Cake or some of the cookies they used to make at our school, as well as the school's yeast rolls or lemon chess pie. Please note that we DON'T beg her to recreate some of their disasters.....like the worst pizza in the world or their chili mac or chicken a la king or chipped beef on toast--all of which were made with, I think, texured vegetable protein because it sure wasn't meat! My aunt is a great cook, but it is the school stuff that we remember most fondly and we beg her to cook it for us. LOL I think our school keyed their cooking some days to the weather, because on chilly rainy days they'd have tomato soup and "cheese toast" which was a wedge of cheese with bread wrapped around it, held together by a toothpick, and toasted by the dozens on huge baking sheets in the oven.

My aunt and my cousin's family came up here to our house (along with my whole family) for our first 4 or 5 Thanksgivings and Christmases after we moved here, and it gave them "the fever" to move to the country. So, the last couple of years we've gone to their place in the country near Granbury for the holidays. They are having as much fun in the country as we are....and have three families in three separate houses on what we jokingly call "the compound". It has been fun watching them rediscover their love for the country life, and my aunt is back in the country near where she grew up--an area she left over 50 years ago. We joke that, sooner or later, everyone in our family moves "back" to the country, even if they've never lived there before.

Carol, I remember when a school lunch was about 25 cents a day and an extra milk was four cents. You can't get much now for 25 cents and next to nothing for four cents!

Barb, Most of my cookbooks are the old ones. I prefer cooking old southern style. My favorite new cookbooks are anything by Paula Deen, or her boys, because they cook and eat like we do.

Some of my favorite veggie recipes are from an old Southern Living Magazine Vegetable Cookbook from the 1980s. Even though they were published fairly recently, their recipes are the old-fashioned southern style ones. I also have a cookbook by Dorie Sanders called "Dorie Sanders Country Cooking: Recipes & Stories From the Family Farm Stand" and it has such amazing things as Sweet Potato Pound Cake with Orange Glaze, Peanut Soup, Summer Cabbage with Sweet Potatoes and Okra, Southern Vegetable Lasagna (very southern and not at all Italian!),Okra Parmigiana, Poke Pie and Pickled Pig Lips.....I haven't made that last one. It is hard to find pig snouts here, although you do see them in Fort Worth in the Mexican grocery stores.

I also have an old Amish cookbook full of plain and simple good food recipes and we've liked everything I've ever prepared from that cookbook too.

I do think our many food styles here are just as amalgamation of all the ethnic groups that came to America...so just a bit of everything!

Dawn

• soonergrandmom
    14 years ago

I just found a 1981 Southern Living Cookbook and the recipes look really good. It was on the sale table at the used book store and turned out to be the best buy I made. I found it on line for $34.95. I went there looking for Gardening books but saw these on a table outside first.

I had only been there once before and that time I bought "The Complete Works of Josephus", and my son was so jealous and wanted a copy. I forgot to look this time for a copy for him. All I really looked for were gardening books and just happened onto the cookbooks.

• mulberryknob
    14 years ago

And peanut butter is an American product, though the peanut is African. Black Walnuts are American. These are individual items, rather than a cuisine,though.

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    14 years ago

You know, I think our traditional Thanksgiving meal is about as close as we get to indigenous food, right? The wild turkeys were here when the first Puritans arrived. The native Americans were raising corn and squash and beans, I think, and sunflowers as well, which was a major vegetable protein source for them via the seeds which are easy to preserve. Cranberries are native in some parts of the country, and so is wild rice. So, all those ingredients are more or less indigenous American foods.

Maybe one problem is that our nation is so large geographicaly, so we do have more regionalized "America food" depending on what foods are readily available in each region instead of a well-known "American" cuisine. For example, if you grew up in Boston, you might argue that lobster and Boston baked beans are true American cuisine, but if you grew up in Georgia or South Carolina, maybe you'd insist it was barbeque, baked beans, cornbread and grits.

I was thinking about what kind of native food a forager would find growing naturally here in Oklahoma....there's wild game, of course, and wild blackberries and wild grapes here in southern OK, and some of you probably have wild huckleberries or currants in some eastern parts of the state that we don't have here. Here in southern OK, we have the wild prickley pears (you can make jelly from them) and native pecans and walnuts, and persimmons. There's also several kinds of wild plums, and you can fish in the Red River for catfish.

Dorothy, I think I am going to grow peanuts next year so we can make our own peanut butter without all the additives. I remember having a Mr. Peanut machine when I was a little kid....you put the peanuts in his hat and turned the handle and got peanut butter (a peanut paste probably would be a better description). It was simple, so it seems like it'd be simple to make homemade peanut butter in the food processor or blender.

Carol, I love all those old Southern Living recipe books...they are my kind of cooking! Another great cookbook full of old-style southern cooking is Fannie Flagg's Original Whistle Stop Cafe Cookbook, which came out at about the same time that her book, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, was made into the movie of the same name. If my grandmother and southern aunts had written a cookbook of the foods they prepared their entire lives, it would have been very, very similar to Fannie Flagg's cookbook.

Dawn

• ilene_in_neok
    14 years ago

OK, what does an above ground sweet potato / squash look like? I Googled and found nothing.

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    14 years ago

It is a winter squash that is shaped like a sweet potato. In a great year with the right amount of rainfall (a lot, but not excessive coolness or cloudiness) and sunlight /heat (lots and lots) and in good, loose sandy or sandy loam soil where the roots can really spread out, it gets huge. Even in a bad year, it is pretty big.

I've linked the previous discussion from a couple of years ago. The one I'm most familiar with is Thelma Sanders Sweet Potato, which actually is a winter squash, which I grew for a couple of years in the late 1990s or early 2000s. There are quite a few winter squash with the words "sweet potato" in their name either because they are shaped/colored similar to a sweet potato, or because their flesh, when cooked, is reminiscent of sweet potatoes. Some of them got their names from the folks who saved the seeds and passed them down, while others were given their 'sweet potato' names by creative seed companies in the late 1800s or early 1900s when there were many seed companies all raising their own seed and competing fiercely for the market.

One thing about the sweet potato type winter squash is that, in colder climates where the ground stays too cold for sweet potatoes to grow, the gardeners can often get a good crop of the sweet potato-type winter squashes as long as their season is long enough for the squash to mature.

Normally, you can make a great pumpkin or sweet potato pie with Thelma Sanders and the other winter squash that are "like" sweet potatoes, and that makes it even more confusing. If you offer a southerner "sweet potato pie" they'll eat it, but just try offering them "winter squash pie" and you'll get some funny reactions!

Dawn

• ilene_in_neok
    14 years ago

OK, thanks! I did find a site with information about Tennessee Sweet Potato Squash. It has a picture.

I guess my palate is not as discriminating as some, because I just can't tell the difference between sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie. Granted, the sweet potato is thicker than squash, but I think less sweet potato is used in the recipe so that balances things out. However, I tend to not like squash when it's served with just butter and salt, but that's how I like sweet potato the best! Maybe I'm just not cooking the right kind of squash. Since the meat of the Warsaw Buff is so dark and rich looking I will have to try it that way.

Now about American food. I agree that it's regional. I can see how people in other countries can think American food is McDonald's though.

• soonergrandmom
    14 years ago

I just bought a pack from Baker Creek and it is called "Upper Ground Sweet Potato" winter squash.

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    4 years ago

I don't know if I can bump up a thread this old, but Jennifer needs recipes for winter squash because she has a ton of Seminole pumpkins, so I'm going to try.

• Nancy RW (zone 7)
    4 years ago

You did it, Dawn. Thanks!

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    4 years ago

You're welcome.