SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Plumeria cuttings in N. Hollywood

moonie_57 (8 NC)
11 years ago

Does anyone in that area know of any stores that sell cuttings? My niece lives there and I would like to have her get me some cuttings and mail them. Would I be wrong in assuming that buying cuttings in a shop would be cheaper than if I ordered them from a reputable online store?

Several years ago I ordered a cutting from a place that many of you would be familiar with. It bloomed the second year, but wasn't what it was suppose to be. Don't know what variety it actually was, bloomed white with a yellow center and my husband absolutely loved the scent. He is tolerant of my plants but that was the first plant I owned that he loved. And, it died a violent death.

So, I ordered another cutting from the same place, and the same kind, hoping for a similar error. No such luck. LOL.

It's blooming now, and my husband loves the flowers but doesn't really appreciate the rose-scent.

Then, I ordered some cuttings from someone off ebay. She was suppose to send a cutting with 2 to 3 tips. Instead, she sent two single tipped cuttings. Lots of communication, lots of "i'm sorry, your new 3 tip cutting is on it's way". Then stories that she was sick and hospitalized. I had to let it go in fear that the poor woman was really ill, maybe at death's door? A cutting wasn't worth upsetting someone that may have made an innocent mistake.

This is why I would like for my niece to be able to find some "cheap" cuttings of different varieties. Maybe she will unwittingly find the one my husband would love as much as he loved the first one!

North Hollywood. Any stores with cuttings? Thanks.

Comments (12)