SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plumcr8zy

Starting a plant from seed

plumcr8zy
14 years ago

Hey everyone,

I'm attempting my first try at growing Plumerias from seed. I've read on this forum and on the web (Plumeria 101 and Kimi's Plumeria just to name a couple of sites) that there seems to be two common methods. Soaking them between damp paper towels first or just plopping them into soil mix. I went for the later and just put them in perlite/cactus mix. Before I put the seeds in (pointed tip down/wings up), I moistened the soil with water and superthrive. After I planted the seeds, I placed the container on concrete and placed clear plastic over the container to help hold in the heat and moisture (like a little greenhouse). I mist the container twice a day and try not to soak the soil. The weather here has been 82-85 degrees, sunny and dry. Now, I have a few questions. Is this method okay? Should I take the plastic off and just let the sun do its thing? More or less water? How long does it take before the seeds sprout? Everything that I've read makes it seem so easy, so I had to give it a try.

Any suggestions, constructive comments is appreciated.

Happy growing,

Rick

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus