SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scottokla

You know, I've had all I can take...

scottokla
11 years ago

If I wanted Phoenix weather, I WOULD LIVE IN PHOENIX for crying out loud. I'm absolutely sick of this garbage!

Comments (14)

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

I totally agree. However, just hold on, cool air is coming!!

Lisa

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    11 years ago

I agree completely with you, and also with Lisa.

Hang on one more day, Scott, just one more day. At this time tomorrow, you ought to be telling the hot temps good-bye and looking forward to a pleasant Friday. Right?

Last year I thought we'd seen the worst that Oklahoma weather could throw at us. This year has been bad enough to challenge that thought, although in far southcentral OK, last year was worse than this year. For much of the state, I think this year is worse than last year.

Now, if only El Nino will get it in gear and develop.

In the meantime, as I type this a severe little Tstorm is hitting my county and not supposed to hit my house, but I think it might get us anyway....wind gusts in excess of 55 mph, cloud to ground lightning and hail. That's not the sort of weather relief we've been hoping for here.

Dawn

• elkwc
    11 years ago

We have started the yo-yo weather here as far as temps go. Mid 80's today. Then mid to upper 90's tomorrow then another cooldown for a few days and then back into the 90's again the first part of next week. Has been rain around us but only 2 tenths total here. Still a chance through Friday. Starting to get that doughnut hole feeling again. It is finally testing my will and patience. Jay

• seedmama
    11 years ago

Is it hot outside? I had no idea. I've been stuck inside for weeks preparing corporate tax returns for the 9/15 deadline.

Seedmama
    Just passin' through ;v)

• okievegan
    11 years ago

I'm shocked that y'all would imply that Oklahoma's weather is less than ideal.

• GeneTheNewGuy
    11 years ago

Phoenix is pretty nice in Winter.

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    11 years ago

Oklahoma's weather is many things, and "less than ideal" is such a kind description of it.

Jay, We got 2/10s of an inch tonight from a storm that was supposed to miss our part of the county, so I cannot complain. Even better than the rain was the fact that we had hit 106 degrees before the thunderstorms began popping up and we were at 77 degrees by the time they rolled on out of here. There was much heavier rain in other parts of the county and a lot of wind that brought down trees, etc. Thunderstorms are such a mixed blessing at times.

Phoenix is pretty nice in winter, but I'd spend the whole winter just dreading the return of the summer weather!

Dawn

• Nancy Fryhover
    11 years ago

Yep, we have had it...we are going back to Hawaii.....

• Nancy Fryhover
    11 years ago

Only problem is we will be 4000 miles away from the above sweetie pie (her brother took the picture)

• p_mac
    11 years ago

momfryhover - I think I've now attached a mental image of scott in my brain. LOL!!! What a sweetie!

Paula

(Hang in there with us, Scott. I share the same sentiments)

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    11 years ago

Momfryhover, You're really going back to Hawaii? Well, I am jealous. Even Hawaii has had drought this year, but I bet it is still gorgeous and not as hot as we are here.

How can you bear moving 4000 miles away from that little sweetie pie?

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Hawaii's Current Drought Monitor

• Nancy Fryhover
    11 years ago

Well, we have a house there that is rented....and we have been back 4 years to spend with family. I think we will be doing winter there and back in spring....we have too many of cuties like the one above to stay too long, even for Hawaii!

But gardening there has its on set of challenges, contrary to what most think.
    We kind of took care of that problem by growing lilikoi and trading for other fruits and veggies at the open market close to our house.

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    11 years ago

I am sure that gardening there has many challenges that we cannot even imagine here.

At least the challenges here are ones we're familiar with.

Enjoy your winter in Hawaii and, if you think of it, drop in here every now and then to tell us what's going on there.

Dawn

• Nancy Fryhover
    11 years ago

Will do....we may not be off until the first of Dec. so I will still be around to compare fall garden notes!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner