SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edv7028

Dangerous Underground Bees/Wasps/Hornets

edv7028
16 years ago

Hi...

I encountered some kind of U/I Hornet/Wasp/Bee the other day in the Seguin, Texas (Zone 7) area while cutting grass. They came out of the ground in a heavy, black horde, similar to what you see in a horror movie when the demons fly out of the coffin, grave, or closet. They're about 1.5" long, Black, and Mean As Hell. They followed me on the tractor for at least 200 feet until I managed to out run them. My wife, neighbor, and son tried to find the hole they lived in when the neighbor heard something buzzing. When he lifted his foot up to turn around, he happened to be standing right on the exit hole; and they were all chased 400 feet back to the house. We were all stung multiple times, and although I've been stung by all kinds of bees, the sting of these things effected me for over 4 weeks as well as my neighbor and son.

I imagine a young child caught in the open by these things would have surely died; or at least had to visit the emergency room.

Does anyone have any idea as to what they are ? I've tried the Guadalupe County Extension Service, and the local TLU University with no help from either.

Thanks !

Ed VA

edv7028@yahoo.com

Comments (6)