SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noinwi

TGS/Reimer's experiment

noinwi
18 years ago

Well, hereÂs my Tomato Growers Supply and ReimerÂs seed germination comparison. Now, I only put 4 seeds of each plant in the cells. ThereÂs only DH and I, and he canÂt eat hot peppers. I know the plants look spindly, but this is the only light set up I have(6 spiral flo bulbs in the hood). The hood is usually lower, I raised it for the pics. I do put a fan on them during the day.

Anyway, this is what I planted, and how many germinated. These were all planted on 3/19/06. Only time will tell if the ReimerÂs plants turn out to be what theyÂre supposed to be. I was suprised that so many of them germinated. All in all, the two companies were neck a neck(in this trial, anyway).

ReimerÂs

Peppers: Aji Dulce-2 of 4, Guajillo 4 of 4, Chimayo 2 of 4, Sebes 1 of 4, Early Jalapeno 4 of 4

Tomatoes: Black Krim 2 of 4, Wisconsin55 0 of 4

TGS

Peppers:Aji Dulce 3 of 4, Guajillo 3 of 4, Ancho(101) 0 of 4, Gypsy 4 of 4

Tomatoes: Black Krim 2 of 4, Wisconsin55 4 of 4, Stupice 4 of 4, Persimmon, 3 of 4

I didnÂt have doubles of every variety, but I included the info for the others anyway. The Early Jalapeno (ReimerÂs) and Persimmon(TGS) were free seed packs. Also in the pics, in case youÂve counted the toms, are some seeds I already had; Brandywine that I home harvested in 2004, and Siletz left over from 1997, and a couple of Tumbler from a few years ago.

IÂll post pictures again later in the season to show what IÂve ended up with.

{{gwi:1164171}}

{{gwi:1164172}}

{{gwi:1164173}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living