SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lreinsch_gw

Help! Bent Plumeria stem!

lreinsch
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am writing on behalf of my grandmother, who has been diligently raising the plumeria I brought her as a cutting from Hawaii 3 years ago. The plant, which is an indoor plant in a rather small planter, has grown to over 3' tall. (I had no idea it would take off that much when I planted it for her...hence the small pot.)

This past week, just as it was finally going to bloom, the planter tipped over causing a severe bend (almost break) in the stem about a foot from the base. She has braced the stem with dowel rods and has wrapped gauze around the bend, but is this all we can do? She's worried it is starting to lose nutrients but doesn't want to ruin the chances of it finally blooming. Should she cut it, and if so, where/how? Can she save the top? Bottom? Should we replant it in a larger pot?

I tried to find other posts in the forum on this topic, but all I found were for clean breaks... I also have photos I can share, but didn't see a way to insert them. Sorry to be so "green" at using this forum: any help is appreciated!

Miserable in Missouri,

Lorraine

Comments (12)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012