SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_centralokzn6

Needing Monarch Migration information

linda_centralokzn6
13 years ago

Once again, I am asking for your help in Monarch migration information so that I can help report findings to Monarch Watch and Journey North. I am particularly interested in the reports of large numbers, whether they are flying south, or large roosts of Monarchs in your trees. Of course, I am interested if you only see 1 or 2 nectaring in your yard. It would be helpful if you happen to observe several flying, if you could report that you are seeing ie 1-2 Monarchs every 5 secs or 5 min over a period of about 15 minutes, and they are flying in a southerly direction.

There are large numbers being reported held up in Kansas and Iowa, waiting for the front to move in this weekend, with the winds to change northerly for several days. Hopefully, they won't ride the currents and sail by high in the sky unable to be seen, or be blown to far western Ok. like last year.

It is such a memorable phenonmenon that I hope you all get a chance to enjoy. I appreciate each and every report that you submit!

Thanks so much.

Linda

Comments (20)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH