SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sanj_gw

Seedlings have 'Halo' - Light color in the middle

sanj
18 years ago

This is bizzare. My pepper plants are fairly healthy. They are growing on a normal rate. However on some of the seedlings, when you look from the top of the plant, you can see a distinct circular shape of faded green leaves; as if it did not produce ample amount of chlorophyll, so the leaves on that circular area is lighter in color than the normal darker green leaf..... The leaves has not turned yellow; it has turned lime green in color. This is kind of bizzare.

The plants get plenty of lights; they are not leggy. They are growing in normal rate. I grew them on a under the floroscent(sp?) lights and I have been taking them out to the porch since we have been getting great sun. I do not believe this is related to lighting issue.

I have read in other post, that this could be caused by exposure to herbacide. However it is not the case.

In order to fix this problem, I have...

...Applied diluted epsom salt foliar spray.

...Today I also fed it with diluted form of miracle grow; thinking iron defeciency may have caused this.

Keep in mind, this problem is not visible in all the plants. All of these plants were germitated together in a batch, with no variable..i.e - they all grew on same medium, same fertilizer and same environment.

I am assuming this may be related to pH...does non-optimum pH causes plants to act this way. I also mixed some slow releasing fertilizer when i trasfered them to 8 oz foam cups. Also could this be genetics?

Any help on this issue is appreciated. I have not seen this before.

thanks.

Comments (9)

Sponsored