SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
p_mac

Peppers, peas and sweet potatoes

p_mac
13 years ago

Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler temps! I can almost smell Fall in the air!

Now just a few random questions:

1. Peppers - some of mine have brown lesions on the stems. I'm thinking they need pulled and they don't have much if any fruit on them. A moisture, soil disease? They also have little if any leaves thanks to the #$@! hoppers.

And Dawn - those ornamental peppers I got at the swap are in pots and doing better than ANY pepper I have. How do I save seeds for those? They are really pretty plants. Do I let them dry on the vine first or pick the peppers mature and moist?

2. - Purple Hull Peas - I planted a second crop late July after my first crop did so well and I discovered the Jelly! They've been sparse in their germination. Can I transplant? I want to make watering easier.

3. Sweet Potatoes - DH is frothing at the bit to clean up the toasted plants in the garden and he's wanting to harvest these. We planted mid-May and to my calculations, we need to wait until mid September. In the event I can't convince him otherwise, what do you think our harvest would be like? Small? I'm going to try to convince him to wait on these, so any input will be very helpful.

We got 2+" of rain yesterday which is wonderful, but I came home to an overflowing, jade-green pool. I sure hated to loose that water but I guess it's useful in weeding the walkways! AND...the rainbarrels are full!

Paula

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022