SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tdogdad

Monarchs and plumies

17 years ago

My wife Sherry is a finalist in a Wild Kingdom science competition involving saving animals. She and her kindergartners have been working to save the Monarch butterflies in the west. She has been working for years on this project and it would be wonderful for her to be recognized and get some financial support to further her work. Monarchs are the one butterfly that I believe will pollinate plumerias as I have witnessed them in my garden and average 19 pods a year. If any of you would be so kind as to cast a vote for this worthy cause, please follow the instructions below:

As many of you know, my wife, tdogmom, raise butterflies. She teaches butterfly science to her Kindergartners and also for the Beckman Science Institute.

Recently, the Animal Planet/Discovery Channel had a contest via the Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. The 'How do you R.O.A.R.?' contest was one where ways that children were helping to make a difference in the lives of animals was being noted. WELL, guess what? Her class is in the FINALS!

If you would be so kind as to log on and vote for her Kindergartners I know they would be most grateful. All it takes is a moment of your time. Simply go to

http://wildkingdom.discoveryeducation.com/index.cfm?pageid=10

and scroll down to Jim Thorpe School and click on the circle. Type in your email address and click SUBMIT. That's it!

From May 15 to the 30th the voting is the People's Choice. Afterwards, scientists and the producers look over the summary and photos (these I will have available for those who are interested).

Thank you, in advance.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH