SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seysonn

What Are the Secrets .. growing Great Peppers ?

seysonn
10 years ago

Years back i tried to grow bell pepper. But never got a decent crop. I heard then a lot of things: Some said "Foliar Feed". Some said "Foliar Spray Hydrogen peroxide", some said Foliar spray Epsom salt. And also some said bury a book match next to your plant.

Anyway, I gave up growing BELL type peppers. I have done ok with Cubanelle, Poblano, Gypsy, Thai, Habanero, Cascabel, Banana . I said "OK" but not great

This year I have got really into peppers, from sweet, to mild and HOT ( No "super" yet). The hottest I am growing is probably Habanero, Thai, Chinese 5-color. I am growing most of them in pots, using 5-1-1 based soil mix and fertilizing recommendations. But I am still not clear on " BOOK OF MATCHES" thing. (!!!)
Do peppers like acidic soil OR do they need extra Sulfur? In this case feeding Epsom Salt can be beneficial ?(maybe ?)

OK guys, lets talk about growing peppers. Now that germinating and growing under light is almost over for most of us, we can walk and talk in the garden. I would appreciate your feedback, methods and comments.

Let's start with the Book of matches :)

Comments (18)

Sponsored