SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

New and Confused!!

12 years ago

Hi all,

So excited to have found you guys! Last month I decided to buy some flowers because I realized that they make me happy. Then I remember the few times I was in Hawaii how much I love Plumerias! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beautiful fragrance. So I started looking for them at HD, Lowe's, Armstrong etc... to no avail. I came up empty.

Anyway, long story short... I adopted an orphan from the guy who was selling me organic eggs at my local farmer's market. He said something about leaving it in his backyard and it got soaked almost daily?? Anyway, I don't know what type of Plumeria this is but I know it's very very sick looking. I don't even have the basic knowledge of gardening so I'm not confident that I can save this baby which I have named Lola. I bought Jobe's organic time released fertilizer 5-5-5 and Maxicrop Seaweed Soluble Powder but now I'm too scared to use them! The more I read about fertilizer the more confused I got! So now I do nothing. :(

Lola is about 2.5 feet tall and has 14 leaves total but they are very frail looking. Yellow, thin, crunchy w/ brown spots. 3 of the leaves have broken off half way and oozing white stuff. The 4 new leaves look better. In the center I see some dark red/pinkish stick thingies about 1 inch long. I have no idea what they are. Maybe they were left over from last year after the flowers fell off?? I don't really know. So now what?? What's a girl to do?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals