SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beyondtheblue_gw

Plants Earwigs won't eat

Beyondtheblue
10 years ago

Hello. Let me start out by saying what info I am not looking for. I am not looking for suggestions on ways to control/kill earwigs. I have tried traps (oil, tuna,soy sauce). They attract multitudes of feral cats and take too much time to maintain. Pesticides are not an option: too costly for an infestation this large, and again, I don't want to harm the feral cats or my dogs. I cannot get rid of their nesting spots: I live in an apartment complex. There is a huge area of neglected shrubs that have collected years of debris and decaying matter. I am not in a position to do anything about it. I also don't need anyone to tell me that earwigs don't damage plants.

What I am looking for is advice from someone who has had a severe infestation of earwigs and has discovered plants that earwigs won't eat. Today I am going to dig up my remaining Zinnia and Lobelia plants to give away before they are completely destroyed. So far the earwigs haven't touch my moss rose, so I will be keeping those, as well as one tomato plant that seems to be thriving and one tomato that is virtually shredded, but they don't seem to be interested in any more. It's too late for my basil.. That was the first thing they ate.

I was so excited this year when the lady who owns this plot of ground said I could plant a garden there. I've put too much time and money into making the ground suitable for a garden to just give up altogether. So please, I need suggestions on plants (flowers or veggies) to use from people who know what I'm going through with the earwigs. I'm just so discouraged right now....

Comments (9)