SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andyandy_gw

It a all about the rain and humidity

andyandy
11 years ago

We've had plenty of hot days, well into the 90s but they have been DRY, I could water my palms in the evening and the next evening they would be almost bone dry. I saw pretty good steady growth. Tuesday the humidity hit as well as monsoon type rains. it's been a green house since and raining on and off the past 3 days. the air has been so heavy that even though it was suunny and 102 on the 4th (hottest 4th on record) the soil never dried. My palms have EXPLODED. you can get all the heat you want and water everyday but nothing makes up for the humidity and rain. The spear on one of my bottle plams fanned out over night and the new spear on my coconut is flying out. we have two more days of dew points in the high 60s-low 70s. 100 predicted today, 97 tomorrow nad then dry mid 80s on Sunday, slowly creeping back to a dry low 90s by the end of next week. I collected about 4 gallons of rain so once things do dry up I'll still have that. My bananas are loving it to. they were getting pretty droopy in the dry 90s.

Comments (13)